Getting rid of pool store.....help

I'm not sure how to keep slamming when my FC is at the shock level for CYA at 30??? What should I do? This may be my previous pool store question---but do I need a "clairifier"?
No. Just keep FC at 12 another day or so and let the filter work. Do what you can to improve circulation down at the deep end - open the main drain, point a return down there, or set the vacuum in the deep end on its side so it has maximum flow and is drawing from down deep where that cloudy stuff wants to settle.

I just meant to say that until your water is clear maintain your current SLAM level. If it's sitting at the right level now you don't have to do anything. When it drifts back down below shock level raise it back up again.

Hopefully it will hold nicely for you and you won't have to test and add every few hours. :)

So, I'm only adding 2 to 3 jugs of bleach a day---should I have turned my chlorinator back on? You can still see the main drains in the deep end but it's not getting any clearer. I have the main drains open & i run the dolphin in the deep end every day. Am I missing something on why it's not clearing up? Also, is it ok to swim?

So, I'm only adding 2 to 3 jugs of bleach a day---should I have turned my chlorinator back on? You can still see the main drains in the deep end but it's not getting any clearer. I have the main drains open & i run the dolphin in the deep end every day. Am I missing something on why it's not clearing up? Also, is it ok to swim?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Sorry to tell you this... you just need to be patient.

You really didn't start SLAMming until you were rid of the Ammonia, and that wasn't all that long ago as far as swamp clearing goes. When's the last time you backwashed and recharged the DE filter? Things could be gummed up and clumping and leaving bald spots that allow water to sneak through unfiltered.

Assuming the salt level is good, I'd go ahead and fire off the SWG. You're at the tedious stage where the FC loss isn't very high and the SWG might be able to jeep up with the demand.

To be safe to swim
1) Clear enough to see the bottom
2) 7.2< pH < 7.8
3) minimum < FC <shock level for your CYA

We don't have salt tho??
When you said chlorinator, I assumed salt water generator.

If you have a puck chlorinator, you'll be adding CYA along with the FC, so that you'll need to add more chlorine to keep up with the new target which will add CYA along with the FC, so that you'll need to add more chlorine to keep up with the new target which will add CYA along with the FC, so that you'll need to add more chlorine to keep up with the new target which will add CYA along with the FC, so that you'll need to add more chlorine to keep up with the new target which will add CYA along with the FC, and so on and so on and so on until your pool goes green again and we tell you to drain a bunch to lower CYA.

So I wouldn't use it just yet. And if you do decide to raise CYA using the pucks after it's clear, only add enough to get to your target and stop.

You have come such a long way; hang in there!

Your pool had one of the tougher problems to fight, ammonia, and you have fought off the worst part of the process, getting FC in the pool.

Richard asked about your filter. Would you respond to that? Thanks.

Pentair Superflow 1.5HP, Pentair FNS P60 DE Filter, Hayward Chlorine Feed CL200 That's what we have.
The reason I asked about getting in the pool is, we came home & our neighbors were in it---i was more worried about them being ok!

When was it last cleaned and recharged with fresh DE?

Picture a big piece of chicken wire, the size of your yard. Then cover it with shredded sponges. Now shrink it to a couple feet square. That's what a DE filter is like: microscopic sponges. The water has to pass through the holes in the sponges to get filtered. If there's a huge gap between some sponges for some reason, the water will just pass through the chicken wire. That's what I'm wondering about your filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.