First Time Testing

With all due respect you seem to be making this harder than it needs to be.
Let's start over by posting your current test results then tell us how much & the percentage of chlorine you added. 15 minutes later tell us the new FC level.
Yes definitely making harder. Last year was easy peasy. I will test after work today and post results. Ben had a good point about pool volume. Place I got pool says ~25400. Pool calculator online has it ~29k. 18x36 IG, 4' shallow 8' deep. BTW all you guys are awesome.

Yep, I am making it harder than it needs to be....I'll chill. BTW You guys are great. Just tested everything current #'s
FC=.5
CC=.5
CYA=20
TA=140
pH ~7.4
Salt = 3330 w/test strip; 3800 w/K-1766
Added 4.1 jugs of bleach from Aldis 6%/121 oz
Retest - 15 mins later = FC = 11, CC=1
I don't want my salt content to get too high, since I have well water and don't have the leisure of just adding fresh water.

You came real close to 12. Next time lower your pool size by 500 gallons. Can you test & add again tonight and/or in the morning?
Just test FC. Test CYA again tomorrow night & if its still 20 add enough to get to 30.

Last edited:
Yes I can test again and I can do both (add pm/am). Thanks and stay tuned.
Tonight FC=10.5 (changed pool size to 24,500) and will add and check tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.