Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
First year pool owner, reading on this site I will be getting a TF PRO Kit next season. But below is a posted photo. Am I understanding this correctly? I have zero free chlorine? TC = CC - FC Also, CYA is high and I plan on doing a 23% change this weekend Appreciate any insight thanks IMG_0215.jpeg

Welcome, please check out the pool school to cover the basics. Also a couple of key points on your Leslie's test:
- Pool stores are not reliable for test results. Consider getting your own so you do not have to rely on them to test your water and try and sell you stuff.
- I see they flagged your chlorine as high... its not with that CYA
- Your CYA is high, likely from the use of chlorine pucks the pool store sold you
- You have copper in your pool, likely from algaecide the pool store sold you (see a pattern :) )
- Phosphates are nothing to worry about unless they are very high at like 2,000+. Just another ploy to try to sell you a phosphate remover.

Reactions: 623Pool
I have not used chlorine pucks or algaecide. This year I’ve used leslie’s monthly subscription service, I can say the pool has been clear all year but yes I noticed varying results testing back to back...like salinity. On the fresh fill of the new pool the copper was at 1.1 and they did recommend natural chemistry metal free. I’ve had a fairly decent experience with Leslie’s, they haven’t pressured sales, the individual I’ve dealt with recommended this site. I’ve enjoyed prowling the site and just subscribed to the pool math app..i then realized my chlorine has probably been on the lower side most of the year with where the CYA is at. Free and total chlorine has been the same all season. Thank you for the reply and input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.