Finally ready to go to work on my green swamp!

Don't tell me you're going to stay up all night doing this.

I only don't want to hear that as I'll stay up all night watching your progress. :D Good luck.....it's amazing the results this site is able to produce from a horrid looking pool, to amazingly clear water.

Pool is holding FC very well now.... this afternoon it held 13ppm for on hour between tests :) How much longer do you think I have to go?

Attachments

• greensteps3.jpg
    greensteps3.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 57
  • greenpool3.jpg
    greenpool3.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 57
9:30PM Update:

Tested after dark, FC came down to 10ppm (suggested shock level is 13). Added bleach to bring pool back to 13ppm. I also added some DE in the skimmer hoping that will help the filter clear the water faster. Water feels good and smells good but it is still cloudy... you can just barely see the bottom in the shallow end if you really squint hard :)

Green swamp =>> almost seeing the bottom in 48 hours....

Now that's kickin some pool azz!

Good progress, but expect a few days of this same cloudiness as the water will be blue soon, but sill cloudy. It ain't over yet...

The fact that you've maintained shock level so consistently is evident in your progress, keep it up. That shock level is your key to a timely end and a sparkling pool :~}

Something weird happened this morning - when I went out to test the water I noticed the water level had dropped overnight about 2" overnight. What would cause this? Pump was running all night, but this morning there was a vortex situation with the lower water level as it was only an inch up the skimmer mouth :-( Good news is that the FC level held overnight!

This drop in water level has me really nervous, though...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How do you check that? My waste is plumbed into the sewer....

There is a little clear "knob" just off the waste line near the multi-valve (I think its to see clarity of water when backwashing). That clear area has water in it now and it didn't on Friday or Saturday except when I was backwashing or rinsing... what does the rinse do, anyway? Could any of this be a result of me adding that DE to the filter?

Thanks in a advance for the help :)

Yes, it went very high after I added the DE.... I've backwashed a couple of times to get the pressure back down. Maybe I really blew it by adding this stuff :-(

Current pic:

Attachments

• greenpool4.jpg
    greenpool4.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 36
So, any suggestions? Is it possible to create a water loss situation by running up the pressure too high in a sand filter by adding DE? It sure feels like that's what happened...

Added water to bring level back up to mi-way on skimmer. Tested and found FC to be 9ppm. Added bleach to return pool to shock level. Water is getting clearer - will check water level and FC first thing in the morning...

I apologize, I didn't own a pool until three days ago... when you backwash doesn't the water level come down immediately, or does it take a while for the water level to reflect the backwash?

10AM test results:

FC 11
CC 1
CYA 20

Have the Polaris bot working now :) Water still cloudy with that foam on the surface - will that go away or should I be doing something to address that? Is there anything else I should be doing other than keeping the FC at 11, brushing/skimming the pool and backwashing the filter when the psi goes up?

Pics from 10AM test:

Attachments

• greenpool5.jpg
    greenpool5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 16
  • greenpool5.1.jpg
    greenpool5.1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 16

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.