Finally ready to go to work on my green swamp!

Tonight I ran the polaris for a couple of hours then brushed the pool. I fastened a skimmer sock on each of the returns using rubber bands. Be interesting to see if the socks trap that dust overnight :)

Woke up this morning - no "dust" in the bottom of the pool :) I'm going to let the pump run all day with those socks attached to the returns, then take them off this evening...

Full test results from this evening:

FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 80
CH 90
CYA 20

Water is crystal clear. I seem to be losing around 1.2-2PPM FC per day. Is that because my CYA is a little low? Should I raise CYA to 30 or 40ppm? Do I need to raise PH now?

Ph is just fine. It will raise on it's own. Are you going to cover and close the pool this year? If you are leave the CYA till next year to raise it. If you're gonna leave it open, then add enough to get your level to 40, as you mentioned.

Enjoy your new, clean pool!! We demand photos!

wkener2 said:
I will keep it open this year...

So I shouldn't mess with the PH despite the fact that it will go down .33ppm when I add 48oz of CYA?
I would add the CYA, wait a week and see where it ends up. I don't think your pH will dip below 7.2.

Oh, and congrats on all of your hard work paying off! Feels good huh?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys!

I noticed in Pool School it says that 2-3ppm of chlorine need to be added each day for an average sized pool. For me that is a full 96oz bottle of bleach. Is that normal?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.