Fact or Fiction? Aircraft flying over your pool can affect y

Re: Fact or Fiction? Aircraft flying over your pool can affe

Let's make this a complete hi-jack (no pun intended)

Pilot's always write up perceived problems in the maintenance log of the aircraft to which mechanics are required to respond in writing to identify the solution.....

Pilot writeup: Number 3 engine missing.

Mechanic response: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

Well, sure, aircraft flying over your pool can affect your chemistry, if the plane drops a frozen chunk of restroom waste in your pool. :whip:
I'm sure the stores will start to sell a remedy for that too. After all, everything is a profit point. :hammer:

Oh, and if it misses the pool and hits your roof, you'd have a hole in your house. :grrrr:

Probably getting more stuff in the pool from the lawn mowers, weed wackers, etc. than airplanes, especially the two-stoke guys.

Can't believe I missed this whole thread. There's always planes flying over my pool from the local airport, both military and General Aviation. Can't believe I haven't noticed any problems yet. :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I call shenanigans. Unless it's some really, really old plane, I don't know of any modern passenger jets that can dump waste during flight. Even if a valve malfunctioned and the tank leaked, you wouldn't get chunks of ice because the drain port is too small.

Myth busters did a show on that, and a small drip through both dump valves could cause a clump of ice to build up and when the plane began the landing descent it could break off and be intact when it hit the ground. It would take a failure of both valves and exact conditions for it to happen. Not likely!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.