Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi all,

I am new to pool ownership. We built our home last year and had pool installed along side of home build. Unfortunately we were not able to use pool by seasons end, but pool was open last year. This is relevant because I do not remember this issue last year.

This year we have tons of bugs flying around above surface of water and also landing in water. IMO they are bigger than mosquitoes but smaller than flies. This year is of course a different time then when pool was open last year and I was observing.

I was able to catch one in my skimming net and get some decent pictures of them.

Last night the wife and I swam for first ever time. Around 7:30pm. There were tons of them. At the pool right now and there are still some but not nearly as many as last night.

I have heater on set to 83. We are in suburbs of Louisville KY. Water is all balanced and in check.

Any help with this issue is much appreciated. I am treating water on my own, but had a guy open pool. I asked him and he said he has not had anyone else report this issue but will look into it for me.

IMG_4732.jpegIMG_4731.jpegIMG_4730.jpegIMG_4729.jpegIMG_4727.jpegIMG_4726.jpegIMG_4725.jpegIMG_4724.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I’m sitting here, imo they are getting worse as it gets later. I will continue to investigate as I have check other times of the day to see activity.

It's a seasonal thing, should be over soon. Keep the skimmer going. If you have water features like jets you can try to keep them running to encourage the flies to move on.