Jandy RGBW Nicheless Replacement

ThreeDogKnight

Feb 1, 2024
Dallas, TX
My experience with the Jandy RGBW Nicheless LED lights has been horrible. We have 4 of these lights in our pool. Our pool is only 3 years old, and every one of these lights has failed and needed replacement. We had 2 replaced under warranty, but one of those has also failed (and the warranty does not start over again.) We now have only one out of 4 working. Our pool builder quoted $1400 plus tax each to install replacements. I am not about to give Jandy another dollar of my money for this product with this failure rate.

That said, have any of you had any luck with replacements? I have the iAquaLink for a controller, so it needs to be compatible with that. I have seen the post on the BlueSquare product, but there doesn't seem to be enough data to determine how long these with likely last. Plus, from their website, it appears they only sell to pool professionals and not pool owners. I am confident I can install these myself.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Welcome to TFP.

I know you feel burnt by Jandy as their LED pool lights have not had good reliability. The same has been happening with Pentair and Hayward LED pool lights.

Fluidra, Jandys parent company, recently acquired CMP which has their Brilliant Wonders nicheless LED lights. We have not heard many problems with those. And Jandy now has Hydrocool LED lights that look like they came from CMP and are different then what you have.

I suggest you look at the Brilliant Wonders or Hydrocool lights.

@ThreeDogKnight Did you end up changing out to a different light? I'm in the same boat. We built our pool with our house in 2020. Four of my 5 lights have had a failure with the blue color failing. The first was under warranty but the next 3 failed within a few months of the warranty ending and the cost ot replace was similar to what you were quoted.

Same story here with failure of both my lights only a couple years old. Was talking to a chap that says there's now a new light out that can be installed without having to pull all the wire, just connects at the light itself. Supposedly more reliable too. Anyone heard anything about these?