Drive Error. Pump has stalled

How old is that Echostar pump?
The early Echostar had issues with the drive.

Have you tried removing all power - via the circuit breaker - from the pump for 30 minutes and then re-powering it?

If that doesn't work, the a replacement motor and drive will probably be in order. Or a completely new Tristar pump.
Does your pool/spa have automation? If so, the better replacement is the Tristar so it works with your automation correctly.
If no automation, look at the V-Green replacement motors to just replace the motor.

How old is that Echostar pump?
The early Echostar had issues with the drive.

Have you tried removing all power - via the circuit breaker - from the pump for 30 minutes and then re-powering it?

If that doesn't work, the a replacement motor and drive will probably be in order. Or a completely new Tristar pump.
Does your pool/spa have automation? If so, the better replacement is the Tristar so it works with your automation correctly.
If no automation, look at the V-Green replacement motors to just replace the motor.
Thanks for your quick reply. I do not know how old is it. I live in my house since 3 years. I will try to to turn the breakers off and see if it help.

I am really not handy at all. What is automation? where can I read more about it?

Reactions: guinness
After you do a 30 min complete power off, try starting it....

Next, how old is the pump? If you do not know, post the serial number and there are some forum members that can look up the age.

Based on Allen's recommendations, I would first determine how old the pump is...if it's in the 4-5 yr range, I would recommend going w a brand new pump. And, since you are asking about automation [and that's ok], you prob do not have it, therefore, you are open to installing any make pump.

So, post back what happens after 30 min no power and try starting...then posting the serial number if you do not know the age. And, as Allen said, call Hayward to see if they will fix it, and it is a lemon but it depends on the age.

After you do a 30 min complete power off, try starting it....

Next, how old is the pump? If you do not know, post the serial number and there are some forum members that can look up the age.

Based on Allen's recommendations, I would first determine how old the pump is...if it's in the 4-5 yr range, I would recommend going w a brand new pump. And, since you are asking about automation [and that's ok], you prob do not have it, therefore, you are open to installing any make pump.

So, post back what happens after 30 min no power and try starting...then posting the serial number if you do not know the age. And, as Allen said, call Hayward to see if they will fix it, and it is a lemon but it depends on the age.
I took pictures of every label on the pump. One of the picture I posted shows some number. Is that the serial number? If not, how do I find it?

No, none of those pics are the serial number. I am not able to access my pump, but here’s some info for you that should help you to locate ser-#.

Attachments

• A49024AA-B5FF-4A37-886A-2F342C4ADF2F.png
    A49024AA-B5FF-4A37-886A-2F342C4ADF2F.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Based on what I understand from some reading my pump is April 2013. Can I still call Hayward or should I call local pool store?

9 years is a decent life for any pump and longer then the average EcoStar pump.

I would cut out the middleman and contact Hayward directly.

I do have 2 pumps that I use it on the pool cover in winter. Can this help?

Depends if they are submersible.

Put the pump on a step and the hose in the other end of the pool to circulate some water.

Show us pics of the pumps you have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.