DIY inground vinyl plumbing questions

I have a 16x40 with an 8x8 tanning ledge kit. My hole is being excavated professionally but everything else is on me.

I have plenty of plumbing and electrical experience just not in the line of pool installation.

My questions are this: I have a 1.5/3hp variable speed pump, two skimmers, three returns, no main drain. Is 2” pipe adequate for my needs? When I plumb the skimmers that is the “suction lines” yes? Do they just tee into each other and then one line into the pump? The pump has one inlet one outlet so I assume this is how it must be.

Also are there any suggestions that could help me you may have?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I have a 16x40 with an 8x8 tanning ledge kit. My hole is being excavated professionally but everything else is on me.

I have plenty of plumbing and electrical experience just not in the line of pool installation.

My questions are this: I have a 1.5/3hp variable speed pump, two skimmers, three returns, no main drain. Is 2” pipe adequate for my needs?
More than adequate. Great choice. Make sure to use all Schedule 40 pipe and fitting. No DWV.
When I plumb the skimmers that is the “suction lines” yes? Do they just tee into each other and then one line into the pump? The pump has one inlet one outlet so I assume this is how it must be.
Yes. Plumb each line separate to the pad and put diverter valves on each, then T them in.

Others will chime in...

I have another question not so plumbing related. I have my walls up and just noticed that over the 40 length we are about 5” off square. Is that going to be a huge issue that I should take care of now? I have parts staked down already and the tanning ledge is backfilled but I could use the excavator to dig it back out if it’s going to be a major issue down the line

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.