DFW Area new pool - Rectangular with Auto Cover - No Spa

So PB came by for the official start up and threw the pool water for a loop - I cranked the chlorinator down 10 min after he left but it had already pushed out some choline from the tabs.
FC - 6.5
PH - 6.8
TA - 40
CH - 175
CYA - 50

Running the deck jets to raise the PH and will start the borates in a few days

Please consider waiting on the borates until your plaster has cured a bit longer unless you're just meaning enough borax to get your pH up? The curing process will often cause swings in the pH and borates can muddle the picture at first.

You can use soda ash for that pH.

What has your pool builder advised you to do during the curing process?

Funny thing is two people at PB advise opposite things - One says "Swim in it, don't worry about the chems your weekly guy will sort that out - just brush it twice a day" the other is all about the great equipment that will take care of it for me - aforementioned Ozone Box and the Tabs cranked up. Nobody asked about the CH level at all, they are only even remotely interested in the FC and PH. and when I showed them the other measurements they said "Nobody does all that stuff, just take the sample to Leslies..." So I come to this forum and try to work it all out. Was not going to add the borates for a week or so but might wait - I did not see any thing in the forums about new plaster (We have the pebble stuff) and borates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.