Design dilemma. Input please

May 25, 2013
We picked out tiramisu herringbone pattern for our raised ledge and Mother of Pearl glass mosaic for the columns.
I'm beginning to think it's too "busy".
Opinions? Trying to post pics...

9038dc320911215f2d65a8a0cad65ff7.jpg
8e25cacfeca4ae2bed39c8a3d109d8a9.jpg
bae27ee4cd6666bb11ad74323fc78c1d.jpg

I like it! Look at your concept pic. The big area between the columns will look awesome with the herringbone (busy) THEN it is "anchored" with the smaller tiles (neat and orderly).

The colors will really look pretty together.

Is there any way you can get a couple of larger sample and do a mock up to really see them side by side?

Kim:kim:

I like it! Look at your concept pic. The big area between the columns will look awesome with the herringbone (busy) THEN it is "anchored" with the smaller tiles (neat and orderly).

The colors will really look pretty together.

Is there any way you can get a couple of larger sample and do a mock up to really see them side by side?

Thank you for your input! I think if the herringbone was larger, it would look better. I found a braid pattern that I think is a better choice because it has bigger pieces and is "less busy"... what do you think?IMG_1358.jpg
d64d821a2ca88279817d7b02d00cc555.jpg

They both work but the other direction of the herringbone is what I liked about it. It makes it stand out from the squares of that pretty square tile.

If you can see them in real life side by side that would be what I would do. That may help you decide.

I will see if anyone else can jump in and look at them and help you decide if you would like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.