CYA Zero at open

1) Why are you worried about TA? Leave it alone and manage your pH. When it gets to 8, reduce to 7.6. Rinse and repeat. TA will come down over time.
2) Please don't use dry acid, it adds sulphates...no bueno for el poolo. Use muriatic acid to reduce pH.
3) My suggesting on reducing by .2 was to validate your test wand thingy...which I think is off. Drop test is gold standard.
Okay, so. Worked!! Although, both the drop and digital meter dropped by .2 reading 7.9 and 7.4 respectively. So which shall I use?
My TA is now at 110, down from 130. I’m gonna keep going to try to get more in range. Will that dry acid do any damage to other chems or pool? I am going to use muriatic acid from here on out, just curious how affected my pool by previous addition.

Okay, so. Worked!! Although, both the drop and digital meter dropped by .2 reading 7.9 and 7.4 respectively. So which shall I use?
Drop test.
My TA is now at 110, down from 130. I’m gonna keep going to try to get more in range.
Just manage pH, leave TA alone. When pH gets to 8, reduce to 7.6. Rinse and repeat. Your TA is fine and will come down if you follow this procedure.
Will that dry acid do any damage to other chems or pool? I am going to use muriatic acid from here on out, just curious how affected my pool by previous addition.
Yes, pool and equipment. Discontinue use.

Dry acid can be used to lower pH and TA. However dry acid contains sulfates which will accumulate in the water. Dry acid should not be used in plaster pools or pools with a SWG.

Problems sulfates can cause include:

• Sulfates can damage concrete & plaster
  • Excess sulfates in water increases the likelihood of corrosion on metal parts
  • Excess sulfates in splash out water leads to degradation of any concrete surfaces
  • Sulfates degrade the coatings on SWG plates
  • At high enough concentrations, sulfates can react with calcium to form spindly, needle-like crystals of calcium sulfate (gypsum)
  • While sulfates in vinyl pools is typically not as problematic as in plaster pools, scaling of gypsum crystals can increase the risk of liner puncture.[10]
Sulfates can only be removed by draining water.

Thanks for all
Drop test.

Just manage pH, leave TA alone. When pH gets to 8, reduce to 7.6. Rinse and repeat. Your TA is fine and will come down if you follow this procedure.

Yes, pool and equipment. Discontinue use.

Dry acid can be used to lower pH and TA. However dry acid contains sulfates which will accumulate in the water. Dry acid should not be used in plaster pools or pools with a SWG.

Problems sulfates can cause include:

• Sulfates can damage concrete & plaster
  • Excess sulfates in water increases the likelihood of corrosion on metal parts
  • Excess sulfates in splash out water leads to degradation of any concrete surfaces
  • Sulfates degrade the coatings on SWG plates
  • At high enough concentrations, sulfates can react with calcium to form spindly, needle-like crystals of calcium sulfate (gypsum)
  • While sulfates in vinyl pools is typically not as problematic as in plaster pools, scaling of gypsum crystals can increase the risk of liner puncture.[10]
Sulfates can only be removed by draining water.

the info! Had no idea. This is the first ever I’ve had to use it! One cup only. Hoping it didn’t too much damage 😬

So… now my PH 7.2. I guess over time TA will come down. Shall i start aerating to get PH back up to 7.6 or leave it for awhile?

Hoping it didn’t too much damage 😬
No, you are fine. It is the long term usage that become a problem cause you have to drain/replace to get rid of it. How long have you been using the product?
So… now my PH 7.2. I guess over time TA will come down. Shall i start aerating to get PH back up to 7.6 or leave it for awhile?
You can aerate if you want. You can leave it. Either is fine. Don't fret TA. Your levels are fine. Just manage pH and TA generally takes care of itself.

No, you are fine. It is the long term usage that become a problem cause you have to drain/replace to get rid of it. How long have you been using the product?
I only used a cup and half today. First time
You can aerate if you want. You can leave it. Either is fine. Don't fret TA. Your levels are fine. Just manage pH and TA generally takes care of itself.
at this point, I agree ☝️ not concerned about PH. My ? Since the pH is down to 7.2, shall I leave that and start aerating to bring the PH up and hopefully TA comes up?

shall I leave that and start aerating to bring the PH up and hopefully TA comes up?
Yes. You meant the TA would come down tho. :) Each cycle should lower the TA by 10 or so. 110 is plenty close to range and you don't need to speed it along if you have anything else better to do.

You will be doing the cycles either way.

Reactions: PoolStored
Yes. You meant the TA would come down tho. :) Each cycle should lower the TA by 10 or so. 110 is plenty close to range and you don't need to speed it along if you have anything else better to do.

You will be doing the cycles either way.
Thanks so much!! Phew 😮‍💨 Have no idea what I would do without this app and forum!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.