Converting to salt- 1500 ppm in pool within 30 days startup

Anyone have suggestions on how I would be that high?.. based on chlorine and MA for the month, 200-450 ppm would be more realistic…

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your city's water report for salt is a snapshot in time. The reading could have gone up.

No idea how your salt level got to 1400-1600 in that short a time.

But you can't change the salt content without draining/refilling or adding salt.
Use your results and add enough salt to get to the lower end of the recommended range for your SWG.
Monitor the salt every two weeks for a while to see if you see it trending up/down - then monthly.

Report the salt level in multiples of 200 as that is what the K-1766 test shows.

Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info. Be specific.
This allows us to provide you with help specific to your pool without needed to ask you each time.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Your city's water report for salt is a snapshot in time. The reading could have gone up.

No idea how your salt level got to 1400-1600 in that short a time.

But you can't change the salt content without draining/refilling or adding salt.
Use your results and add enough salt to get to the lower end of the recommended range for your SWG.
Monitor the salt every two weeks for a while to see if you see it trending up/down - then monthly.

Report the salt level in multiples of 200 as that is what the K-1766 test shows.

Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info. Be specific.
This allows us to provide you with help specific to your pool without needed to ask you each time.
I’m taking it to a pool store just to see what they come back with. The city wouldn’t go up that much.. that’s an insane amount

So. The reason the 10ml was of particular importance was because if you *did* subconsciously foul it up, using 2.5X the sample nets a 2.5X result. Which would have left your salt at 600, 450 for startup and 150 for city water.

For all #s it could have been, for that to just happen to line up, is amazing.

Or. Somebody from the PB showed up early and dumped in salt.

So. The reason the 10ml was of particular importance was because if you *did* subconsciously foul it up, using 2.5X the sample nets a 2.5X result. Which would have left your salt at 600, 450 for startup and 150 for city water.

For all #s it could have been, for that to just happen to line up, is amazing.

Or. Somebody from the PB showed up early and dumped in salt.
I did my startup, unless someone decided to donate that much salt.. idk.. of course as I took it to the store to test, their system crashed…

I will check again as well, I don’t think I can send a video, too large of a file. I’ll ensure it’s 10ml as I am very sure, but everyone keeps saying it and now I doubt myself 🤣🤣 the only thing I am very sure of is according to pool math , the 6 bags should put me at 1950 ish

Reactions: Newdude
I had my pump running for 10 minutes, did the test twice right now. A spot I normally don’t test at and my normal spot. First one not usual spot, 15x200=3000 I may have lost count on one drop not sure but matches other rest. The normal spot 15 drops , but it’s probably 2900 on that one vs 3,000. 500 less ppm from yesterday.. I had my pump on 24/7 yesterday.. 10 ml test

Attachments

• IMG_9606.jpeg
    IMG_9606.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9607.jpeg
    IMG_9607.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9608.jpeg
    IMG_9608.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I did my startup, unless someone decided to donate that much salt.. idk.. of course as I took it to the store to test, their system crashed…

I will check again as well, I don’t think I can send a video, too large of a file. I’ll ensure it’s 10ml as I am very sure, but everyone keeps saying it and now I doubt myself 🤣🤣 the only thing I am very sure of is according to pool math , the 6 bags should put me at 1950 ish
if you’re at 3450 on the test turn the swg on & see what she says….
It won’t hurt to try if you’re certain you don’t have a high salt level. If its too low the lights will tell u.
You also have the option of checking with a meter (although those come with their own issue)

They are unnecessarily difficult and start with 'Fill the 25ml vial...........' It has fooled alot of us.

More than once. :ROFLMAO:
Almost gets me everytime!
Same with the TA test- I always have to read it twice, I feel like i’m doing something wrong with a 25ml sample. If I did those more often I probably wouldn’t need to read the directions every time.

Ok Tom. We can Monday morning quarterback all week about how we got here, but as fun as that is, it isn't going to make us no longer here. Like @Mdragger88 said, fire er up and maybe it works.

Reactions: proavia

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.