Cen California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
There’s a million posts on this topic and still a variety of opinions. Sorry for starting another one =(
I’m trying to figure out the best salt to buy to convert pool over. I am looking to purchase 400 lbs+ I do see this one posted frequently,
Should I be looking for a pool salt? There’s no clear pick since everyone has their opinions.
I want to go to SCP and see what salt they carry, unless anyone knows.

Reactions: Hootz
I think SCP may carry these , aquasalt has the stain fighter which I’ve read here, so that’s a no.. how about these others?

Attachments

• IMG_9581.jpeg
    IMG_9581.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9580.jpeg
    IMG_9580.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 10
I have used both Morton Pure and Natural and Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals, (both blue bags) and both leave some undesolvable materials on the bottom of the pool and both are acceptable, but the Diamond salt had less undesolvable residue...... Just my experience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There’s a million posts on this topic and still a variety of opinions. Sorry for starting another one =(
I’m trying to figure out the best salt to buy to convert pool over. I am looking to purchase 400 lbs+ I do see this one posted frequently,
Should I be looking for a pool salt? There’s no clear pick since everyone has their opinions.
I want to go to SCP and see what salt they carry, unless anyone knows.
The Diamond Crystal that you linked is what I use.

Do you have an account at SCP? They don't sell retail, at least here in AZ.

I converted to salt a couple months ago. Used ~300lbs of Diamond Crystal Solar. Had ZERO issues and will continue to use this salt when I have to add in the future. Was easy to get at Lowes and less than $80 after tax.

Thank you, seems like i may just pull the trigger for the diamond crystal. I’m torn between diamond crystal and aquasalt, if I can get a similar price , would aqua be better. I know @ajw22 uses it and I came across another member who couldn’t figure out what the stain fighter is and refuses to use it.

Aquasalt is a finer salt and will dissolve more quickly then any water softener salt.

Otherwise salt is salt.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Aquasalt is a finer salt and will dissolve more quickly then any water softener salt.

Otherwise salt is salt.
I think quick is a relative term. I dumped two 40lb bags of Diamond Crystal Solar and brushed for about 5-min. It was gone. Dumped 2 more in, brushed 5-min. It was gone. Continued until all bags were emptied. Not sure how that compares to other brands. I was in no rush, just took my time and enjoyed the process. Less than 1-hour total.

Keep SWG off while adding mass amounts of salt. Let the pool pump run 24-hours, measure salt concentration, add as needed. Start SWG. Easy process.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Otherwise salt is salt.
I was doing further reading on aquasalt and I see they use yellow Prussiate of soda in trace amounts as an anti-caking agent.

Does it state it on the bag?

I was doing further reading on aquasalt and I see they use yellow Prussiate of soda in trace amounts as an anti-caking agent.

Does it state it on the bag?
I don’t have a bag to look.

I don’t have a bag to look.
This is where i located it, Product Data Sheet – AQUASALT® page 2. section 3 * Yellow prussiate of soda in trace amounts is used as an anti-caking agent in the sized salt

is there anything purer than solar crystal, or with the anti caking agent in aquasalt, solar crystal is the winner here? it seems anything as labeled as a pool salt, will most likely have the anti caking agent, but i may be mistaken.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.