Construction Time! Miami, FL New Pool with Pictures and Prices Included.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I will grout coping. On some areas like the corners there is a gap between coping larger than I would have liked. Grout should fix that. I still haven't decided the color yet, but will try to match coping color as much as possible.

Looking sharp. What did you decide re: grout for the coping? Yes/No? Color?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeti save that for your 20 meter rock feature climb.

Development alert! The crew that was coming to install pavers was a no-show. They were supposed to be here Friday to begin laying the travertine deck. Instead, they left me with 8 yards of sand dumped on the sidewalk and stopped answering my calls. Thankfully I had given them zero dollars as deposit.

I tried calling around but all installer within my affordability range needed 7 days or more to come in, and I couldn't wait so long. So....i decided to call in my own crew (friends and fam), rented a tamper, watched a couple of YouTube videos, and began giving it a try.

So far I am pleased with the results. Foundation was evened out pretty well, but some of the pavers do move a little when stepped on. I was told my the tool rental guys that when I sweep and wet sand in between the pavers the movement will stop. I hope so...

Here's a pic of what we did so far on day one. Will carry on next weekend.

That looks nice! Good friends and family to have around! The pattern is nice as is the color.

The uneven (moved when stepped on) ones-you should take them up and the one by the "low" area and put more sand under them. You do not want them to crack.

Sand-who brought the sand? Was it paid for? You do not want that to come back to bit you.

Kim

I have some limited experience in pavers. If they are rocking up & down, you need to level with sand. If they are rocking/sliding on the edges, that will be corrected with your polymeric sand. (Polymeric sand bonds / hardens when you spritz/spray it, versus regular sand that just washes away.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.