Canton, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all, I am fairly confident I can upgrade my pool equipment but not sure exactly what parts to order. I've been looking at this compool to easytouch upgrade but there's a few different options and I want to do it right.

I have a Hayward salt system, Pentair Mastertemp 300 heater and a spill over spa. Only one pump. I have the compool CP3400 controller inside the house. Do I need the transformer kit? Can I add screen logic to my setup? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks so much!
20230806_085055.jpg
16913439867037894920665608150448.jpg

The upgrade manual is at https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...emUpgradeInstallationandUsersGuideEnglish.pdf

Page 74 says your Lx3XXX panel does not need the transformer kit.

Yes, you can add Screenlogic at extra cost.

Yes, you can control an Aquarite SWG. See Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading

Note that Pentair announced the following in April 2023:

Pentair is discontinuing the IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, and EasyTouch PL4/PSL4 Pool Control Systems. These products will no longer be available to order starting:

• July 31, 2023 for all IntelliTouch Systems
  • September 29, 2023 for all EasyTouch Systems

Consider replacing your Compool panel with an IntelliCenter that will get future updates and be supported.

Your panel needs other updates. You should have GFCI CBs for your pump.

The upgrade manual is at https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...emUpgradeInstallationandUsersGuideEnglish.pdf

Page 74 says your Lx3XXX panel does not need the transformer kit.

Yes, you can add Screenlogic at extra cost.

Yes, you can control an Aquarite SWG. See Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading

Note that Pentair announced the following in April 2023:

Pentair is discontinuing the IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, and EasyTouch PL4/PSL4 Pool Control Systems. These products will no longer be available to order starting:

• July 31, 2023 for all IntelliTouch Systems
  • September 29, 2023 for all EasyTouch Systems

Consider replacing your Compool panel with an IntelliCenter that will get future updates and be supported.

Your panel needs other updates. You should have GFCI CBs for your pump.
Thanks so much for the quick reply! Just my luck that it's just recently discontinued. The intellicenter system looks great but a full new box is costly.

I see part numbers here for "legacy systems manufactured prior to 2012". Would the LX3400 be able to be upgraded to intellicenter?

I see part numbers here for "legacy systems manufactured prior to 2012". Would the LX3400 be able to be upgraded to intellicenter?

No. The standard EasyTouch system used the same cabinet as the IntelliCenter so they can be upgraded. Your Compool system uses a different cabinet and relays and you need an entire new system.

What do you think the ET upgrade + Screenlogic will cost you?

Also can you elaborate on needing gfci cb for my pump?

Your old system is granfathered from updates to the NEC which requires GFCI CB for pool pumps, heaters, and other devices.

We do have a gfci outlet on the side of the box but we inherited this pool so I wasn't part of the design.

That GFCI outlet probably protects the pool light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.