Tadams87

Jun 6, 2023
Garner, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay, new pool user here so I hope I did the signature card and everything right.
We set up the pool and filled it. Realized the pump that came with it was terrible so it sat for a few weeks as we waited on the Intex sand pump(info in signature card).
It was beyond green. Terrible.
Got her going! Shocked with 1 lb of Clorox shock. It helped. Shocked again 24 hours later.(same amount) She is blue!
Last shock was yesterday morning. Then last night I backwashed and added an arm and hammer total balance tablet. (Helps keep pH and alkalinity stable?)
The image attached is from this morning. Blue but VERY cloudy. I tested this morning and the chlorine turned red. So way off the register.
I vacuumed then added 4 oz of Clorox clarifier (seems like very little but that's what the instructions said and I have to dump directly in the pool because my pump doesn't have a separate skimmer basket), let it go on filter for a couple of hours, then shut the pump down and let it all settle for the day. Vacuumed again tonight but it was a very little trace amount. I don't see any algae at all. It's just very cloudy water. I can see the bottom but I really would like to get this to a nice clear point.

My recent test for tonight says 5ppm for chlorine and 6.8 for PH after everything. So levels did come down a bit.
Turned the pump back on (have not added any other chlorine or other products at all) and was going to let it run on filter for another 8 hours this evening.

Any advice would be appreciated. Am I on the right track? Should I be adding floc instead of the clarifier and do you think that amount of clarifier seems to be too little? Not sure. I feel like I'm RIGHT there missing something to take this from cloudy merky blue to crystal clear

Attachments

• PXL_20230606_122532146.jpg
    PXL_20230606_122532146.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to TFP!!!

I would slow down, and stop adding any non-recommended chemicals...will save you money and headache. No Floc or clarifiers.

We follow the Slam process to clear a pool...Link-->SLAM Process

To do a SLAM, and properly maintain a pool, you need a good test kit, here are our recommended test kits. I'd order one now. Link-->Test Kits Compared

If you need proof this works, check this out...Link-->How Clear is TFP Clear?

Season 1 Showtime GIF by The Chi

Reactions: reggiehammond
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.