Cloudy Intex Pool with Balanced Water

I would continue to remain at SLAM levels with the filter running 24/7, and brush as much as possible.

If the water in your filter is looking milky/murky that is a good sign that the filter is catching the contaminants.

If you drop a quarter into the pool, can you tell if it is heads or tails when looking from the top of the ladder?

A good picture will really help.

For the next few days I will only be able to bring it to shock level twice a day, morning and evening. Now that work week has started.

Is it not recommended to swim during SLAM, with the FC level being so high? Plus it may interfere with the process?

You can safely swim with your FC between the minimum and shock level for your CYA, pH between 7.2-7.8, and can clearly see someone in distress at the bottom.

If all you can do is twice a day, so be it. You may want to dose a few more ppm to make up for the extra loss you may see, you will know that after a couple of tests.

I'm trying to get an idea of how clear the water is. Do you think you could tell heads or tails on a quarter at the bottom of the deepest part?

Believe me, I would like to see the SLAM over just as much as you, but a rash decision at this point could ruin all the work you have put in.

The pic does not do it justice. I came home to this, despite not adding any bleach since yesterday evening. This is probably the clearest I have seen it thus far. Not quite the crystal look I would like to achieve so I just brought it back up to shock level to see if it can improve further. I could definitely the side of a quarter at the bottom even now.

image.jpg

That's looking great! I can see the pattern on the liner.

You are in the homestretch, I would keep it at SLAM for another few days, then decide if it's clear enough for you.

I bet that water will sparkle by the weekend if you can keep the pool at SLAM level.

I believe my pool is completely done. It is totally clear. I will do my overnight test tonight just to make sure. The last thing I did was replace the Intex filter with a Pleatco. I wanted to get Unicel but this one should be an improvement as well.

I have learned so much the past several days. Thanks to you all for your great advice and willingness to help.

image.jpg

I believe my pool is completely done. It is totally clear. I will do my overnight test tonight just to make sure. The last thing I did was replace the Intex filter with a Pleatco. I wanted to get Unicel but this one should be an improvement as well.

I have learned so much the past several days. Thanks to you all for your great advice and willingness to help.
Glad to hear this. Definitely check the OCLT, and confirm your CC's are less than 0.5ppm.

Now, go enjoy your sparkling clear pool!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.