Can this work with my Pool?

Another option is to check craigslist for a used gas heater. You can buy them for under $200. Pretty easy install and you can control the heat however you want.

The gas consumption isnt bad either. I ran mine alot (pretty much every time we used the pool because last summer wasnt the warmest in chicago) and it probably cost $20-30 every month or two.

Seriously one of the best investments I ever made.

In my area natural gas is less expensive. I hooked it up myself and tapped into house gas line. I moved the heater/pump/filter right by my house so i wouldnt have to bury any gas lines and had ground cover so just ran 1.5" pvc to the pool.

The reason I am suggesting a gas heater is you are going to have to spend alot of money on solar panels to get the kind of temperature increase you want so you should check all options.

how does it coast you only 20-30$ every month i go on some forum and thay said it cost like 100 to 150 each month for gas :S

He's talking about heating 6000 gallons of water up probably before each swim. The 100-150 is probably a larger inground pool.
Also, if you have natural gas available, I'd go with that. I've never seen any comparison between propane and natural gas that showed propane came out cheaper. It packs more btu's, but also costs more.
Solar will cost you more up front than a used gas heater, but there are no usage fees like gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's talking about heating 6000 gallons of water up probably before each swim. The 100-150 is probably a larger inground pool.
Also, if you have natural gas available, I'd go with that. I've never seen any comparison between propane and natural gas that showed propane came out cheaper. It packs more btu's, but also costs more.
Solar will cost you more up front than a used gas heater, but there are no usage fees like gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - I only have a 16' round by 48" deep Intex frame pool. yours is a little bigger but not enough to make a huge difference to heat with gas. I think the $100 to $200 a month is in ground pools which are much bigger, hold more water and are harder to heat because they are in the ground. The ground is typically cooler than the air except in the winter.

Its an option to check into. Try and find someone with an above ground pool with a heater in your area. Or try and calculate the consumption based on the heater manufacturer website and your natural gas rates. I have a Hayward H150 that I pulled off an inground pool the guy was filling in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tryed to do a quick calculation.

My pool is 6k gallons multiplied by 8.34 (lbs per gallon) = 50k lbs of water at 80% efficiency heater would require 63k BTUs to heat 1 degree. To heat 20 degrees would require 1,250k BTUs. 1 therm is 100k BTUs so divide the 1,250k by 100k to get 12.51 therms. A therm by me is 77 cents.

So to heat my pool 20 degrees would cost $9.63.

I think in my city its more expensive or people keep their heater :p i think i will go with a good solar cover and a reel . Does it have solar cover that you can leave all days and let heat your pool in the day also than keep your water hot in the night
Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.