Bypass Hayward Aqua Plus

john38

Oct 4, 2022
Memphis
Inside the Hayward Aqua Plus control panel is a Siemens "frame" that secures the circuit breakers.
The plastic broke, allowing the breakers to come loose, cascading into a myriad of electrical problems.
Since the T- 15 cell is dying (ten years old) and I want a more efficient pump, what pump with control panel, and chlorine generator, also w/ control, would all of you recommend ? I want to take the Aqua Plus out of the equation.
Current pump is 1.25 HP (SF 1) with a 24k gallon pool.

Thanks

P.S. The circuit breaker for the pool equipment located in the house's electrical panel, shorted out and was replaced with a new one.
The new 50 amp breaker is showing voltage when on, but I'm still not getting any power at the pool end.

1712678647069.png

ProLogic, AquaLogic subpanel busbar assembly.

Bussbar assembly. Buss bar. Busbar.
View attachment 544741

View attachment 544742

View attachment 544743
I0816ML1125CU

View attachment 544748

View attachment 544749

View attachment 544765

View attachment 544767

Inside the Hayward Aqua Plus control panel is a Siemens "frame" that secures the circuit breakers.
The plastic broke, allowing the breakers to come loose, cascading into a myriad of electrical problems.
Since the T- 15 cell is dying (ten years old) and I want a more efficient pump, what pump with control panel, and chlorine generator, also w/ control, would all of you recommend ? I want to take the Aqua Plus out of the equation.
Current pump is 1.25 HP (SF 1) with a 24k gallon pool.

Thanks

P.S. The circuit breaker for the pool equipment located in the house's electrical panel, shorted out and was replaced with a new one.
The new 50 amp breaker is showing voltage when on, but I'm still not getting any power at the pool end.
What else is on that 50A circuit? That's huge for a pool equipment pad. You would need at least 6-gauge wire all the way to the pad for a circuit that large. To short a circuit breaker to where it needs replacing would require the wiring in the conduit to the equipment to have shorted, or a very large load that failed, and the breaker to not have tripped. If there is no power at the pad, that is likely why, wires burned in the conduit.

It would probably break again. If I replace the Aqua Plus, pump and chlorinator,
I'll probably put in a whole new breaker box.
The plastic gets brittle as it gets older.

In any case, a new subpanel will have the same exact busbar assembly.

If you want a new system, maybe consider the IntelliCenter with an Intelliflo pump.

What else is on that 50A circuit? That's huge for a pool equipment pad. You would need at least 6-gauge wire all the way to the pad for a circuit that large. To short a circuit breaker to where it needs replacing would require the wiring in the conduit to the equipment to have shorted, or a very large load that failed, and the breaker to not have tripped. If there is no power at the pad, that is likely why, wires burned in the conduit.
There's a hayward heat pump also, but the breakers literally fell out of the frame, setting off the house CB.
I'm guessing if it's the lines in the conduit, a continuity check is in order.
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The plastic gets brittle as it gets older.

In any case, a new subpanel will have the same exact busbar assembly.

If you want a new system, maybe consider the IntelliCenter with an Intelliflo pump.
I was speaking how any other company's product longevity, endurance etc.. compares with Hayward's'.
Their pump and chlorinater lasted, but to me, their control panels are . . .

If you have all Hayward equipment and want automation for it I would suggest the Aquarite S3 Omni. It has capabilities to control your SWG, heat pump, and filter pump. With I believe 2 high voltage relays for lights or whatever else you need.