Board Repair

You are over thinking it. Right now the OmniPL is Haywards most modern automation system.

For example. Does the upgrade come with a board as well as a display?
Yes, it is a full package unlike Haywards prior systems.
In order to take advantage of ethernet does it need other modules?

Nope. Networking and app all included.

What is cost of all these modules to have a fully functioning OmniPL.

Just get the OmniPL Retrofit system HLBPRO4SW and you will have more then what you have now. Some people with old ProLogic systems needed to replace their transformer that I think Hayward comped.
Thanks for the distillation. On Monday (unless open on Sunday) I will get on the phone with an authorized dealer. It seems I can use my old aqualogic transformer with this. I have a variable speed Pentair pool pump. I saw somewhere in your literature that the display with OmniPL only works with 1 speed (is this wrong?)
Then I read stuff about adapters for transformer to connect to board Does this apply to aqualogic pro?
I mean....I'm interested. PS did I read it comes with 4 relays. I see my current system has 8 relays with it. I am not sure what they all do but I do have an accessory pump for water features, a potential heater, air generator for juccuzi, etc

Please give me links to what you are reading and asking about?

OmniPL can support up to 8 relays…

Hayward_Omni_Family_Capabilities.jpg

Are you using the Pump Converter accessory board (HLPMPCONV) to control your Pentair Intelliflo VS pump?

NOTE: For systems using a Hayward Ecostar VSP running firmware version less than R3.0.5 (pumps built before 2014), a Hayward SPX3400LCD display must be purchased and installed on the EcoStar pump if variable speed operation is desired with the OmniPL. If single speed control is desired, no changes are necessary.

OmniPL has the following features:

• external touchscreen display on a 15-foot cord
  • four built-in high voltage relays that can be easily upgraded to six internal relays plus two additional Smart Relay (HLH485RELAY

I do not have an accessory board for my pumps. Where would they go if I get. No room in current box. When pumps first start they seem to start on high and then go into a lower speed. I see the Omni has 4 relay but can extend to 8 and wondered since I have 8 will I have to buy more. I am just preparing for my conversation with one of the 3 hayward dealers I was recommended to earlier in this thread. I did not know if my old transformer needed special connectors to work with this. The rest makes sense

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like you have a seal leak.

How old are the pumps?

View attachment 544831
That doesnt look good. I am going to guess 3-4 maybe 5 years. Do I need a replacement. Functionally it seems to work fine. Can't believe you found that!!! I never thought about or know anything about intellicenter. Always had Hayward controllers.

NOTE: For systems using a Hayward Ecostar VSP running firmware version less than R3.0.5 (pumps built before 2014), a Hayward SPX3400LCD display must be purchased and installed on the EcoStar pump if variable speed operation is desired with the OmniPL. If single speed control is desired, no changes are necessary.
Do you have an EcoStar pump?

OmniPL has the following features:

• external touchscreen display on a 15-foot cord
  • four built-in high voltage relays that can be easily upgraded to six internal relays plus two additional Smart Relay (HLH485RELAY
All true. What is the question?

How is your Pentair pump connected to your Aqualogic box?

Looks like 2 Intelliflo Pumps.

The pump has a barcode sticker with a date at the red arrow.

The cell has a serial number at the red arrow.

1702777733710.png

It is best to have all one brand.

The AquaLogic is at least 15 to 20 years old.

1702777466952.png

1702777503484.pngIMG_5998.jpg

I will try to answer these questions but might be out of order (I don't know how to use the quote feature on this site so these sentences may seem disorganized.
I do not have the Hayward pump that they discussed may need a different display but I do have a VSP so I wondered if that was an issue too. I do not know how the pumps are specifically connected but I imagine through the relays. My SWG is one year old it is Hayward and all my actuators are Hayward. The only Pentair I have are those pumps and I have 2 and probably 4-5 years old. My question on relays was do I need to get additional ones because OmniPl only has 4 and I currently have 8 relays in system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.