Board Repair

I know its best to have all one brand. If I got rid of pumps and got Omnipl I would have all one brand
If I got rid of Hayward control box and SWG and got intellicenter I would have all one brand aside from actuators.
You have probably noticed I am new to this and have stumbled into this arena because my board blew and I went and bought a bad replacement and now I am rethinking every thing. I do appreciate all the input, guidance, and I hope I get to an answer what to do by beginning of upcoming week.

I do not have the Hayward pump that they discussed may need a different display but I do have a VSP so I wondered if that was an issue too.

That was pretty specific that it applied to EcoStar pumps with old firmware.

I do not know how the pumps are specifically connected but I imagine through the relays.

I suggest you figure that out before you do any upgrades.

Did you install those Pentair pumps or inherit them with your house?

My SWG is one year old it is Hayward and all my actuators are Hayward. The only Pentair I have are those pumps and I have 2 and probably 4-5 years old.

What is the story behind the Pentair pumps?
My question on relays was do I need to get additional ones because OmniPl only has 4 and I currently have 8 relays in system.
If you have 8 relays and know what each is used for then you need to add 4 to the base OmniPL system.

OK we have a decision tree in front of us. (me)
1. Keep leaky pumps and go pentair (can I use the swg?) and get rid of control cabinent
2. scrap pumps and go with Omnipl and keep swg and buy new pumps
Is this a monitary decision? Guess I need to understand how OMnipl and pentair pumps get along with each other. Right now they seem to work. Sorry your posts came as I was writing this. I had plain non variable pumps with my Hayward and when they blew my pool person convinced me to get Variable speed pumps as they saved on electric. So thats the story!

If you do not know how your pumps are connected or what each of your 8 relays do you are not going to be able to configure your new Aqualogic board, if you get it.

There is basic information you need to know to setup the system.

If you do not know how your pumps are connected or what each of your 8 relays do you are not going to be able to configure your new Aqualogic board, if you get it.

Well I just figured out how to quote!!! I know I can figure out that out perhaps by line tracing as I do not have a functional board. Alternatively I could just replace the GLX-PCB-Main (and live in the non connected world) and wait a year or two for everything to Crud out at once.

Your leaky pumps probably do not have a long life remaining due to the leaks. They can fail at any moment. I would consider they have no value and you will be buying new Pentair or Hayward pumps soon.

I know I can figure out that out perhaps by line tracing as I do not have a functional board.

Good. Figure it out and report what you find. That can let us give you more informed advice.

If you want help show us pics of the complete system and wiring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your Hayward SWG cell will not work with Pentair automation.

You can probably sell your functioning cell here and get a few bucks for it.

Your leaky pumps probably do not have a long life remaining due to the leaks. They can fail at any moment. I would consider they have no value and you will be buying new Pentair or Hayward pumps soon.
I hear you. So replacing gaskets wont help? I have 2 but I would imagine other one has issues. Is this something that should have been pointed out to me. I do not maintain my own equiptment but I think going foward I might.

Good. Figure it out and report what you find. That can let us give you more informed advice.

If you want help show us pics of the complete system and wiring.
We are having a major storm front here in South Florida. It may be a day or two. But I am curious does this info matter in choosing between the Pentair and Hayward or is it just preparatory for when I choose one and ask for more help. I am still unclear on best path if I scrap old.

I hear you. So replacing gaskets wont help?
It may buy you some time.

Depends how bad the internal corrosion is and you will not know until you open it up.

I have 2 but I would imagine other one has issues.

You don’t know until it is closely examined.

Is this something that should have been pointed out to me.

Yes, leaks fixed early cause less damage.

I do not maintain my own equiptment but I think going foward I might.

No one will care as much about your equipment as you do.

I did not touch any of the relay connections when I removed the old main board. All I would have to do is reconnect all the connectors if I replace old board with new old board.

We are having a major storm front here in South Florida. It may be a day or two. But I am curious does this info matter in choosing between the Pentair and Hayward or is it just preparatory for when I choose one and ask for more help. I am still unclear on best path if I scrap old.

You clearly like researching your decisions. You should spend some time researching Pentair versus Hayward automation, pumps and SWG. Ignore what you have. Everything you have needs to be replaced sooner or later. Decide what direction you want to live with for the future.

Lots of information in the Wiki and Forum threads.

You have a mutt for a system. If you want to patch around things and do it yourself there is a lot you need to figure out. That is the price of DIY.

We can help but you need to be able to explain what you have.

I did not touch any of the relay connections when I removed the old main board. All I would have to do is reconnect all the connectors if I replace old board with new old board.
Download the Aqualogic Installation Manual and read about the Configuration process. You cannot get the board running without answering a lot of configuration questions in the software. I don’t think you have the answers to get your new board running.

Download the Aqualogic Installation Manual and read about the Configuration process. You cannot get the board running without answering a lot of configuration questions in the software. I don’t think you have the answers to get your new board running.
OK I will trace each relay to the equiptment it controls. When I set up the "bad board" earlier on I was able to get it to run pump number 1 the main pump. I manually turned the actuators and I know how each of those connect for future programing. I need to figure out what relay went to secondary pump and what went to air and what went to lights. (dont have heater at moment)

Did your Aqualogic system control the speeds of your pumps or did it just turn them on and off?

Did your Aqualogic system control the speeds of your pumps or did it just turn them on and off?
I am going to guess the latter. Although when pump first switches on it runs high for a minute or two before changing to a lower speed. But on my hand remote I never saw options of changing speeds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.