Aquarite SWG reading 0 salt

mernova

Feb 27, 2014
Orlando, FL
Out of the blue my T15 swg is reading 0 for salt. I've check salt via test kit and pool store and there is plenty, 3200. Had pool store check cell and they said it passed and I could see gas rising out while they tested. Cell was installed in 2019 and is out of the 3yr warranty.
Readings in off position and auto
Are the same.
55P
AL0
R.1.59
T15

I have tried recalibrating but no change. Has the cell failed just enough to cause this, bad board?
I did ohm the fuse and it was ok

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

You are in orlando with long pool seasons- your cell may very well be depleted.
how large is your pool?
It wouldn’t be the first time a pool store has told someone their cell was good when its not.
Here’s some information about your system & other things you can check
Let’s call @JamesW

Thank you for the links. Pool is 16k gallons.
I’ll check voltages on the board,but my gut is telling me something with the cell, even though I saw the chlorine gas being expelled.

As far a generic cells what others are available that have proven successful?

Try to recalibrate the cell while the system is initializing during startup.
Place the switch to auto and push the diagnostic button to display -0.00. Wait for the relay to click (about 10 seconds after the Generating LED), quickly move the switch to Super Chlorinate and then back to Auto.
This should bring up the instant salinity reading closer to the actual salt level. If the numbers go down rapidly, focus your troubleshooting on the cell.

@JamesW , Thank you for the video. Yes it was set to metric, but making that change did not produce any change in salt reading. Unless it takes multiple hrs to register. I did try to run the calibration as suggested as well, and again no change. Still reading 0 for salt with check cell & check salt solid.

Thank again

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Probably a bad cell.

You can have the cell tested at a store that tests cells.
Yes local store that has the Hayward test system. It passed and i could see gas exiting from the open end. That is what makes me hesitant to purchase a new cell. Unless it is working but not to its full capabilities??

If i do purchase a new cell what are the aftermarket/generic recommendations? If any?

Reverse polarity and see if the numbers change I seen this before how do you do that?
Regards Gord

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.