Aquapure Randomly works...

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
So 2 weeks ago my aqua pure was not working, i reset power etc.. and it then showed up as a device and was working again. This happened on and off over 5 days, Some days i could get it to turn on, and other days i couldn't. Last week finally none of the 5 days it would work no matter how much i reset the filter pump or reset the complete power to the pool equipment...So here in Florida, i called out Hawkins to check it out. The guy tells me, he has no idea why it isn't working, could be the main board, could be the transistor, and they would start with that... $400 later it was not on the truck.. So they rescheduled the work order for some time this week hopefully...

Low and behold Saturday morning the pump turns on as scheduled, and Aquapure is back on working... same thing on Sunday... Monday comes, not showing up, i turn off the filter pump. Turn it back on and now the aquapure is back running again.

What in gods creation could be going on ?

The device was not listed on my PDA and you could not control the LCD display, it was blank . But today it's on there

This is a common issue. The Aquapure is still running, it just disappears from the Aqualink.

• Check the RS-485 two wire data line between the Aquapure board and the Aqualink for any corrosion or loose wires. Reseat the wires and tighten the screws.
  • Try power-cycling the Aquapure panel. Turning the filter pump off then on again usually will accomplish this.
  • "Clear Memory" on the web app

This is a common issue. The Aquapure is still running, it just disappears from the Aqualink.

• Check the RS-485 two wire data line between the Aquapure board and the Aqualink for any corrosion or loose wires. Reseat the wires and tighten the screws.
  • Try power-cycling the Aquapure panel. Turning the filter pump off then on again usually will accomplish this.
  • "Clear Memory" on the web app
Thanks for the information. I know it might seem bizarre. But, when my aquapure is working in my eyes... I'll say that, there is small little bubbles, or "sparkly" spot in my spa that "pops" not sound, but you can just tell it's working. Now last week when it was not showing up at all on my app or the outside PDA, there was none, it was calm clear normal spa, i have a spa inside my pool that is also infinity edged like my infinity wall is. I am not saying you're wrong, it just seems bizarre that i can see this sign when i think it's working and as soon as i don't.. i check and it's not showing up as a device. This happened 2 years ago and i figured out my cell was dead and i had it replaced. Same thing, no "sparkly" water spot in the spa

What % is your generation setting?

The production cycle time used for chlorine production (observationally) is 30 minutes. The percentage setting will control how much the cell runs during the production cycle.

For example, at 50%, the cell will run for 15 minutes and off for 15 minutes.

You may not be seeing your sparkly if you look during the OFF times.

As mentioned, this is common - mine does this every so often (disappear from the app status list) however it is always working when I check the box directly. Power cycling just the aqualink breaker always solves it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.