Another in Texas - Cypress

My PB came out this morning to see the tile and also to measure the table benches. We talked and he said he can raise it. It's going to cost me because he said he can't do it for free but it will be $100's and not $1,000's so that is good news. They'll raise it 3 inches as it needs rebar for the cold joint and with 2" he was afraid of cracking, and 4" we'd lose too much leg room. He's trying to figure out how he can get it done before we're supposed to be plastered later this week. I was encouraged by the conversation though he confirmed this was a short person problem as my benches are right on for standard height. He did take some ownership in the problem though in that maybe they should have considered our heights and spoken to us about it without any suggestion from me so that was nice.

The plumber was here to connect the gas line for the fire pit. . We also had a clean up crew come. The clean up was underwhelming. Anybody else experience that? They also took our rolled up hose that was connected in the back of the house and moved it to the new hose bib. They left it there hanging on the pool for us to move back and put up. ☹️ That isn't very nice and it definitely isn't cleaning up. They also didn't pressure wash like I was expecting. Is it the plaster crew that does that?
We were finally able to take some measurements in the deep end and spa. It rained right after gunite and then the pool didn't ever *not* have water so we weren't able to check those. Looks like we'll be about an inch short in the deep end and 1.5" short in the spa. ☹️ Nothing they can do about it now so I haven't said anything. Do you think it's off enough to try and ask them to cover all of raising my table bench?
After everything was cleaned up there were a few other things. Is it normal for tile crews to use the gunite as a cutting board for their saws? This is in several spots all over my pool and spa. My PB said it was typical and would get filled in with plaster. Some of those look an inch deep.
In the spa they were fine but it looks like my two main drain buckets in the pool are cracked. Is that okay or should they be replaced?

I hope everybody else had productive days too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean is all the stuff out and maybe a brushing.

The saw cutting should be fine. In fact that plaster will stick REAL good there!

I WOULD measure in front of the PB with the plans right there and compare notes. "I will trade the table bench going up for the money back from shorting my pool" Smile and bat eyes.

Show those drains to your PB. I THINK they do need to be replaced :(

Kim:cat:

Our PB showed up this morning with "the" tile crew. They're the ones putting new concrete on my benches. I'm a little nervous but it's God's pool. I'm letting him take care of making sure they do it right and if not it will be the PB's warranty and he trusted them to do it so I'm letting it go. Watching and taking pictures though! They're drilling holes and adding metal about an inch into existing bench and an inch into new concrete. I'll take a few pics before the pour.

They also came in and set a bunch of tools, blades, etc down on my coping and new table so so asked PB if he could stress asking them to keep their sharp and pointy things on the gunite and not on my tiles. [emoji6] He relayed it.

thank you for your pictures! We are doing travertine and the travertine split face as well and your photos have really helped us affirm our choices we made

Plaster soon, that's exciting! Looking forward to seeing it!

thank you for your pictures! We are doing travertine and the travertine split face as well and your photos have really helped us affirm our choices we made

Plaster soon, that's exciting! Looking forward to seeing it!

Glad it's helping bdrex!

They just poured out adjusted bench. Looks way different from gunite and they told me not to water it. Lots of little rocks. Hope it's okay! Anything look odd to those of you that would know?

Looks fine to me. Plenty of roughness for the plaster to adhere to. I'd think the reason he want you to refrain from watering it is so it will cure more quickly so to be more cured prior to tomorrow's plaster (strength is not an issue in this case) - there is normally much more time in between.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TM!! Everything is looking great!!! Well, except those baskets...but your PB is doing a great job addressing your concerns and complaints. The tile looks amazing, the table is an inspiration (*giggle*) ;) , the Suz firepit is SO COOL, and I'm so happy they made your benches higher!!! I would definately have a problem sitting there without being underwater.
And, plaster THURSDAY!!! Woohoo!!! I'll be watching! I'm thrilled for you, sweet lady!!

Thanks guys! PB and his son were just out here in this nasty hot heat installing my toe tiles themselves! These are my Light Streams tiles in alternating Steel Blue, Peacock, and Aqua.

The tiles on the back bench (and one under table) we used NPT Lightwaves alternating Blue and Aquamarine.

In the spa is alternating Oceanside Glasstile 7/8" in Aqua and Sapphire. Smaller than I'd have liked but better than nothing.

PB confirmed plaster in the morning!

The tiles look PERFECT!!!

Big day tomorrow!! Maybe we should "virtually" hold hands in the morning while you get plastered and I get acid washed...
I'll be checking in with you often! Only nine more hours until 6am.....

Table looks wonderful and glad you got the bench raised! The tile is perfection!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
Thank you!

Tiles and table look great! :whoot: for plaster tomorrow!! Don't forget to get some snacks for them!
Planning on it! Thinking breakfast tacos and donuts? About how long does plaster take?

The tiles look PERFECT!!!

Big day tomorrow!! Maybe we should "virtually" hold hands in the morning while you get plastered and I get acid washed...
I'll be checking in with you often! Only nine more hours until 6am.....

6am [emoji15][emoji15][emoji28] Oh boy! That's even earlier than gunite and I am NOT a morning person. [emoji23] Look at your hand in the morning and know I'm mentally holding it! I'll check in first thing! ❤️

Notes to self: 27 LS tiles on shelf and steps. 16 LW on back bench + 1 under table. 3 OS on spa step, and 19 around spa bench. Adding this for my reference since nini told me she had to have her plaster crew unearth some of hers. I don't want any lost! Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.