Advice on Pentair IntelliPH and IntelliChem

unit9419

May 31, 2023
Belize
My pool uses well water with high alkalinity. We have to constantly drip muriatic acid into the pool to keep that under control and pH balanced. We do pretty well with it but I'd like to automate. Anyone with experience on the the Pentair IntellipH and IntelliChem? Sadly neither the rep at my dealer nor at Pentair was really familiar with the 2 products. From my understanding the IntelliChem is supposed to sense your pH and automatically adjust the dosing. While the IntellipH just injects acid according to a dosage you manually control. How well do they really work - at least according to your experience?

Reactions: LSU
Our pool is being built currently and I have a company set to bring in pool water because we are faced with the hard water (well water) situation as well in the town we live in. The towns water comes from a well. I have purchased some inline RV filters to hopefully help with some of that as far as our automatic refill goes. We used a triple set cannister at our RV and it works great, so we bought a double cannister set that will have the water going through it prior to getting in the pool from the automatic level/control/refill. I too may be eventually looking at these systems for automation eventually. Thanks for the post!

Our pool is being built currently and I have a company set to bring in pool water because we are faced with the hard water (well water) situation as well in the town we live in. The towns water comes from a well. I have purchased some inline RV filters to hopefully help with some of that as far as our automatic refill goes. We used a triple set cannister at our RV and it works great, so we bought a double cannister set that will have the water going through it prior to getting in the pool from the automatic level/control/refill. I too may be eventually looking at these systems for automation eventually. Thanks for the post!
An RV filter can remove calcium hardness from water but not lower the TA.

These are two different pool water chemistry challenges.

Reactions: LSU
An RV filter can remove calcium hardness from water but not lower the TA.

These are two different pool water chemistry challenges.
Absolutely! I agree, it just makes sense in my situation to try and do everything I can to bring in water as clean as I can get it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.