Above ground pool LED light

gtojohn said:
depending on your pool size, number of jets and amount of light required, I like these
http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Time-NA4035- ... 554&sr=8-4
Bright enough for good mood lighting in a 16x24. I'm in the middle of a diy remodel, adding 4 of these one in each corner and keeping the original halogen in case I need things super bright, each light individually switched. Look hard and you can find them between $50 and $75

can you take a few pics of the gaskets you have with your light? I received mine the other day and i"m a bit confused...there seems to be alot of gaskets.

I picked up 4 of these at my local Walmart in the pool dept, and so far they work awesome.
http://www.yourpoolhq.com/remote-contro ... _7cNA4107#

2 boxes of 2 so 4 total lights for $20. They have a magnet on them so they fit snug right on the metal pool wall through the liner. For intex pools they come with a metal backing to put on the other side of the liner. 2 lights light up my entire 18x33 pool but I went ahead and installed 4 of them since I had them. Each light uses 3 AA batteries and it comes with a remote that truns them on. If you dont want them on the pool wall they will also float in the pool facing down and do the same thing. If i can get 1 summer out of these things it will be way worth it.

On the jet lights, yes you do need to drain the water below the hole. I hard plumbed mine, finding the right thread fitting was a little tricky. The only match I found at lowes and home depot was a "1 1/2" marvel connector" used for drain traps. This is pvc and allows you to glue to regular 1 1/2" pvc. Also a large amount of teflon tape was needed to get a tight seal before the fitting bottomed out. I have 3 wired in right now, plenty of light in my dark patterned pool. I tried taking pictures but my camera doesn't take nighttime pictures too well. Neat thing about the jet and light combo is the jet sparkles.

I thought you'd have to drain below the return jet, which I don't really want to do now. I just had it filled upon install last week. I'll have to think of one of these for the future. Nice to know a fitting may be hard to find if I chose to hard plumb.
Thanks

I put the Aurora LED in my 24' AGP last year, and it worked out great. Lighting covers the majority of the pool volume, and the color changes are fairly visible and effective. I'll be posting pictures after I finish some custom LED lighting I'm doing in the pergola that I built on the deck last fall.

Iron Clad Lou said:
thanks.
I was looking for a color-changing LED light I can put in the return. It seems that every one that I found was discontinued. I did find and order this one, so we'll see what happens! http://www.1800poolparts.com/CAL~Light~ ... oduct.html

My CAL bulb lasted about 6 months. The warranty is only 3 months of course. So now I have to drop another chunk of change to get another CAL bulb. I have found the bulbs alone for around 200 you just have to search. I also just ordered a new led light kit for Majestic stairs.

http://www.primepoolmarket.com/ProductD ... 0&click=71

Hoping it is nice and bright and I might just skip replacing the CAL light all together and go with the reg white one...

Just an FYI... the Nite Liter Multi Color is something to stay away from. The first one went belly up. (Not bulbs) after a season. The second one they sent me (at a small discount... due to the fact the 1st was BARELY out of warranty) went dead in under a season. Keep in mind that it saw use maybe 2 nights a week, in a pool that only saw use by 2 adults (no kids).
My own experience would be to avoid the NLMC.
Respectfully,
Panzer

well I got the light in...its not very bright which is ok by me...we dont even bother with the color covers. I did notice that it has water in it already...lovely...I suppose when it breaks, which I expect, I'll go with a better light.

Attachments

• 537470_10150834979051778_290072935_n.jpg
    537470_10150834979051778_290072935_n.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 219
I found a led color changing light on eBay that I put in my steps that's vey nice. Changes colors, has several different programs to choose from
Just do a search for 546 led pool light on eBay if interested.
It was also very easy to install
It's nice and lights up my entire 18'x33'

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Highlandreef said:
I found a led color changing light on eBay that I put in my steps that's vey nice. Changes colors, has several different programs to choose from
Just do a search for 546 led pool light on eBay if interested.
It was also very easy to install
It's nice and lights up my entire 18'x33'

These look promising! What did you end up using for a power supply?

karenh said:
Picked up 2 of the same ones as Durf at Kmart for $13 each. One would have been plenty for a soft glow in my 18' AG.

What did you think? The installation literally could not be easier, and i am quite happy with the performance so far. One of mine did start to leak a little so i dried it out and really tightend the cover back on super tight. I rarely use them so i don't know how long the baterry will actually last.

Not sure what brand they are or anything but we got battery powered magnetic led lights at Wal-mart in the pool section for $9. Nothing fancy, but they are bright and serve their purpose. They come with a small remote and have a dim setting and a bright setting. Only problems we have had with them so far is the kids sometimes knock them down when they are all in.

Durf, are those Lord of the Rings lights? Does one remote rule them all and in the darkness light them? lol. Couldn't resist. I have a Nightlighter on back-order but will gladly cancel it for some of those. How do they attach to the pool?

Never mind about the attaching part. I learned to read. lol :hammer:

I have two of the Wal-Mart $9 leds. I use them for checking my chems and as a flashlight as much as a light in the pool. Very handy when hooking up my Aquabug in the dark. I stick them to the outside the steel wall when not in use. The kids play with them when they swim after dark. When I am in the pool after dark, I tend to leave them off and swim in the relative suburban darkness.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.