Need a solution for replacing Pentair bubbler/light.

EliaZinn

Mar 19, 2024
Miami FL
Hello all - I have a Pentair LED light/bubbler that needs replacement although am being told that it is no longer available on the market. Does someone have another solution that would work?

Thanks

Attachments

• 32769511-694E-4DAB-86BD-EB519E2D1530_1_102_a.jpeg
    32769511-694E-4DAB-86BD-EB519E2D1530_1_102_a.jpeg
    736.1 KB · Views: 22
From what I am told - water entered into the unit and destroyed it. Both light and bubbler/fountain do not operate. Thanks
That does not make sense. The bubbler fountain is just water pressure from a pump with no electronics to fail.

How old is the unit?

That does not make sense. The bubbler fountain is just water pressure from a pump with no electronics to fail.

How old is the unit?
I agree - I had 3 repair techs and none said it's repairable. Could it be that water entered the LED's and shorted the unit? If you see the photo, it looks as if bubbles are inside and one side looks darker than the other. Although if that was the case, wouldn't the bubbler still work even though the light doesn't?

LED pool lights don’t last long.

The bubbler should run without the light.

How do you turn on the bubbler and the light?

LED pool lights don’t last long.

The bubbler should run without the light.

How do you turn on the bubbler and the light?
I turn it on though an automated system although you are 100% correct, upon further investigation I see that one of the tech's shut a manual valve going to the bubbler. I opened it and it now works.

That said, I still need to find a solution to changing the unit as the stem is broken/missing (water Preasure is hardly strong enough for fountain to reach water level and out without the stem) and the LED's dont work. As this product is not on the market, do you know of an equivalent? Or would I have to get a completely different product and cut the hole to fit?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a Pentair LED light/bubbler that needs replacement although am being told that it is no longer available on the market.
Contact Pentair to see what they can tell you.

When was the pool installed?

What is the light model number?

Lighted bubblers and laminars seem like a great idea until they fail in about 6 months from installation and then no one wants to work on them.

CMP "Brilliant Wonders" may have a retro-fit style.

Lighted bubblers and laminars seem like a great idea until they fail in about 6 months from installation and then no one wants to work on them.
You are absolutely correct that light fails within 3-5 years on that bubbler.Let me check our parts room we may have some of those still left(and we don’t have any more only used ones that are also bad)The only company that makes a retro fit is CMP Brilliant Wonders like @1poolman1 said in a previous post.

Attachments

• IMG_3592.jpeg
    IMG_3592.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Hi James -

The pool was installed 7 years ago. I believe I found the bubbler on Amazon from a private seller (see link). I assume I dont need to lower the water level in order to remove the current light and verify the model, correct?

You are absolutely correct that light fails within 3-5 years on that bubbler.Let me check our parts room we may have some of those still left(and we don’t have any more only used ones that are also bad)The only company that makes a retro fit is CMP Brilliant Wonders like @1poolman1 said in a previous post.
Thanks - would you recommend the CMP light over the Pentair if I am able to find the same model? I believe someone on Amazon is selling it although need to verify that it's the same. See link

Last edited:
Thanks - would you recommend the CMP light over the Pentair if I am able to find the same model? I believe someone on Amazon is selling it although need to verify that it's the same. See link
If you can get the Pentair I would,I always try to replace with OEM if possible.
CMP does make quality after market parts so either way you should be good.

Attachments

• IMG_3593.png
    IMG_3593.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 5
Just FYI @EliaZinn :
I've been told by an email back from CMP tech, that they've just discontinued all their LED bubblers too (both the 8" & the 4"). I guess putting in a CMP whilst there's still some stock out there will get you out of a hole short term, but looks like all the main players may be pulling out of the LED bubbler line 🤷‍♂️ I guess all that water flow pushing up past an LED unit, and then also slamming back down on top of it, just isn't a good mix for the LED part of the fitting...
You may need to find a different long term solution (if they continue to fail on you).

I'm just at the build stage, so have now decided to separate the bubbler and light - have a separate light fitting alongside a std 1.5" outlet with a simple CMP 25503-000-000 cap on it.
I'm sure it's not gonna look quite as good, but at least then I can just replace the light unit in the future with whatever available at the time.

Best of luck with your fix

Reactions: EliaZinn