A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Marla, I'm glad to hear from you and TM and that ya'll are ok. We're fine, also. I hope our other Cypress and Houston TFP friends are ok!

I'll post my info about the rains on my thread.... I guess. Not sure where I should since I'm not building anymore.

I just posted my questions on Testing and Balancing Water about my pool which overflowed last night.

Take care everybody!
Suz

Wendy has been just updating her build thread. It seems to be working for her OR you can start a thread in the "coffee shop" as you want to chat. I like the idea of keeping your build thread going my self LOL I KNOW it's name!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Kim, I bet my cya has dropped!

OH I bet a LOT has dropped of changed with all of that rain! SCARY!

Kim :cat:

Marla, I'm glad to hear from you and TM and that ya'll are ok. We're fine, also. I hope our other Cypress and Houston TFP friends are ok!

I'll post my info about the rains on my thread.... I guess. Not sure where I should since I'm not building anymore.

I just posted my questions on Testing and Balancing Water about my pool which overflowed last night.

Take care everybody!
Suz

I vote for your build thread too! At least there I know I wouldn't miss any of your wonderful posts! So glad you're okay! Please post an update on that overflow situation. I'll be watching for it.

Well no school today again, so I tested my water after that deluge we had. There wasn't as much change as I thought there would be.

FC 17
CC .5
CH 300
TA 110
CYA 50
pH 8.2

On the CH test when adding the R-0012 to turn it back to blue, it doesn't say to mix. Are we supposed to mix or not? If I mix, it turns blue faster than if I don't. If I don't, the bottom half will turn blue but the top half will still be red. Do I continue til it's all blue?

Thanks Kim, I had been mixing (with the SpeedStir!) but since it didn't say to mix when adding the R-0012, I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly.

Yes, you are probably right about the buses and also some roads are still impassable so teachers and students are unable to get to work.

Marla, I'm relieved to know you are doing ok with all the flooding. As I posted in TM's thread, I am just now catching up on the news and happenings of the last few days. Oh my!!

I have nothing to update in my thread, just rain and mud and still some open trenches, so I'm trying to get caught up on my pool friends :)

Marla, is school back on for you tomorrow? Our district, CFISD is closed again tomorrow. This is the first I've ever heard our district closing for 3 days in a row. You're right. Students in some areas could make it to school, but there wouldn't be enough staff to cover all the schools. The elementary closest to us had water in the entry way and some in the front hallway. That was posted in the early afternoon. I haven't heard if more came in later. This school practically backs up to Cypress Creek. I imagine a lot of other schools throughout Houston also have water damage, but I haven't heard those reports.

Stay dry!!!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Isn't networking great?!!!! Thanks for the update on my local creek. I haven't had time to find out! Of course now that I can't get to a place, it's exactly where I want to go!!!! Then, by the time the creek lowers, I won't be interested in going there anymore (talking Mexican food).

Suz

Well, the pool service finally came and cleaned (but not very well) the pool on Tuesday. They had been backed up due to the flooding we had. And of course, last night we had another major storm and the pool is full of leaves and dirt again! I can't wait to get my robot from the PB, but still have a week or so before I can use it. I have been brushing the dirt towards the main drain, but I feel like it's a lost cause until we get some landscaping in to hold down the dirt. We also should be getting a manual vacuum from the PB, which I'll need to ask about.

My mom (who's 91 and is doing really well) and my sister flew down to visit for a few days, mainly to see my new granddaughter. My son also was in from San Diego to see his new niece. Although the pool was a little chilly, most everyone got in at some point.

We have quite a bit of landscaping yet to do. This weekend will probably be working on the beds around the pool. Also we will be trimming some trees that hang over the fence at the back of the pool. Still haven't decided what I want to plant yet. I am looking to see how much sun certain areas near the fence will get. I'd really like to plant citrus, but I want to be sure there is enough sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and did Jaimie have her baby? I thought someone in another thread mentioned it.

Our district, CFISD is closed again tomorrow. This is the first I've ever heard our district closing for 3 days in a row.
Suz.

CFISD is my district too. It was a record closing for sure! When it was all said and done, we had damage to 53 schools. All were able to open Monday though and only a few are still in need repair. As I understand it, Cy Falls High School had the most damage.

I am sure the teacher's are dancing as well! LOL

Kim (my thought would be.....do we have to make the days up??)

Only one - the already scheduled inclement weather day on June 2nd. TEA granted a waiver for the others as I expected. With graduation that weekend we've always gotten a waiver for closures. I doubt if even 20% of the school will actually be there on June 2nd.

Well, the pool service finally came and cleaned (but not very well) the pool on Tuesday. They had been backed up due to the flooding we had. And of course, last night we had another major storm and the pool is full of leaves and dirt again! I can't wait to get my robot from the PB, but still have a week or so before I can use it. I have been brushing the dirt towards the main drain, but I feel like it's a lost cause until we get some landscaping in to hold down the dirt. We also should be getting a manual vacuum from the PB, which I'll need to ask about.

My mom (who's 91 and is doing really well) and my sister flew down to visit for a few days, mainly to see my new granddaughter. My son also was in from San Diego to see his new niece. Although the pool was a little chilly, most everyone got in at some point.

We have quite a bit of landscaping yet to do. This weekend will probably be working on the beds around the pool. Also we will be trimming some trees that hang over the fence at the back of the pool. Still haven't decided what I want to plant yet. I am looking to see how much sun certain areas near the fence will get. I'd really like to plant citrus, but I want to be sure there is enough sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and did Jaimie have her baby? I thought someone in another thread mentioned it.

Aww! I bet that was a nice reunion!

I'm pretty sure I saw a post about Jamie's baby. Maybe in her thread?

Someone said she had it but she has not. Her last post was on 4.26.16 and she was online here yesterday. I THINK she has about a week more.

Blcknblue (not sure of spelling) baby was born he posted on his thread.

Kim :cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.