Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Pump - Reason for Purchase

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Pump - Reason for Purchase

tim5055, why did you pick stenner over SWG? Cost only?
    IG W/Vinyl Liner Oval 18x40, 21K gal, Oval 3'-8'
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Pump - Reason for Purchase

The cost was one aspect, but my personality does not fit a SWCG. I need to be personally involved, or I tend to ignore things. I like adding the chlorine and watching the tank slowly go down. That then causes me to want to test to see the levels.

That also leads to what I think is the frustration of SWCGs, most people don't know they stopped working until the pool,goes cloudy or green. Then, why isn't it working? Cell is bad, power supply, low salt, cell has scaling, lots of other reasons. That is jut my opinion, too many places for,something to go wrong.

With the Stenner, I see the pump turning. I see the chlorine level going down in the tank.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stenner Pump - Reason for Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    The cost was one aspect, but my personality does not fit a SWCG. I need to be personally involved, or I tend to ignore things. I like adding the chlorine and watching the tank slowly go down. That then causes me to want to test to see the levels.

That also leads to what I think is the frustration of SWCGs, most people don't know they stopped working until the pool,goes cloudy or green. Then, why isn't it working? Cell is bad, power supply, low salt, cell has scaling, lots of other reasons. That is jut my opinion, too many places for,something to go wrong.

With the Stenner, I see the pump turning. I see the chlorine level going down in the tank.
    I Agree with Tim
    My Stenner only requires every other month refills
    Less to worry about and I know exactly what my pool is doing
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8