Home Depot Salt

Sam337

Gold Supporter
Nov 15, 2015
Richardson, Texas
Hello all...

I've just ordered my RJ-60 SWG - exciting times! I'll be selling my Stenner pump setup soon if anyone's interested ;).

My local HD carries the Diamond Crystal Solar Salt, Diamond Crystal "Bright & Soft" for Water Softeners, and the Clorox Pool Salt. I also have access to AquaSalt brand pool salt and Pros Pick Quick Dissolve Plus Pool Salt - both for a bit less cost. I read on prior posts that the AquaSalt brand is not very clean and the Clorox brand can cause staining. I don't know anything about the Pros Pick brand. Are the two Diamond Crystal types both good? The yellow bag for softeners indicates a slightly higher salt percentage than the blue (99.9% vs 99.6%).

Thanks in advance for the advice!

1690578294615.png

Out in the pool section (garden section) at the HD here in Las Vegas, they have the Diamond Crystal Splash Ready pool salt. I have better results using that salt than the Diamond Crystal water conditioner salt. YMMV…

I believe both the diamond crystal are in the salt section of the recommended chemicals faq

Given recent postings i would stay away from Morton and Chlorox

I've put in Diamond Crystal solar salt (blue bag) and it's great, very clean when putting in and once it dissolves.

I’ve not had any issues with the Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals. I tried a couple bags of the Splash Ready version and they were extremely dirty (left a nasty “bathtub ring” on the steps).

I’ve seen some posts about Clorox salt causing really bad staining.

I’ve tried AquaSalt in the past and found it very dirty (grey scum floated to the surface). Also, no one could tell me what they are adding as “stain fighters” as advertised on the bag. I don’t like adding mystery ingredients to our pool.

I’ve also tried Mortons pool salt, but it was pretty dirty (though no grey scum or bathtub ring).

I've used the Morton Solar Salt and each bag would have a small amount of material left over that would not dissolve. This year I tried the Diamond Crystal (blue bag), there was far less debris left over. Speaking just for myself, I will only use Diamond Crystal (blue bag) in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.