Thread: New Build - Rectangular - Phoenix, AZ

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build - Rectangular - Phoenix, AZ

Blue Surf is IN!
    2015 new build in Phoenix!
    Pics ..

IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    2015 build (link)| 16.5 K gal | Salt Water | IG rect | 35'x16' | 568 sf | 105 ft peri | depth 3'-5' | PV3 in-floor | 2 Venturi skimmers | MDX+SDX drains | T-CELL-15 SWG | Hayward Ecostar VS pump | Hayward 7220 DE Filter | Aqua Cal Icebreaker Heat / Cool pump SQ166 | Hayward Sense & Dispense PH Controller| Omnilogic | Pebble Sheen Blue Surf | Ultra UV | Stenner acid pump | Coverstar Automatic | TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build - Rectangular - Phoenix, AZ

Plumbing....

2015 build (link)| 16.5 K gal | Salt Water | IG rect | 35'x16' | 568 sf | 105 ft peri | depth 3'-5' | PV3 in-floor | 2 Venturi skimmers | MDX+SDX drains | T-CELL-15 SWG | Hayward Ecostar VS pump | Hayward 7220 DE Filter | Aqua Cal Icebreaker Heat / Cool pump SQ166 | Hayward Sense & Dispense PH Controller| Omnilogic | Pebble Sheen Blue Surf | Ultra UV | Stenner acid pump | Coverstar Automatic | TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Equipment installation under progress.. (L to R) - Heat/Cool pump , DE Filter, VS pump, Ultra UV

4. Back To Top    #4

Panel ...

5. Back To Top    #5

And... our selections

I am thinking of changing Aqua Blue to the new Blue Surf offering from PebbleTec. Any suggestions?

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Again, howdy and welcome to TFP! Thanks so much for sharing your pool build with everyone!

Wow - you get to go to the head of the class - full signature and lots of great pictures!

Your build is really going great! And It looks like just in time. All that dirt makes it look blazing hot - is it already?

I love all your selections! Your waterline tile was one of my top contenders in my inspiration photo binder. The glass tile is awesome - fabulous combination of colors. Where do ya'll plan to use it?

Is that Travertine for your coping? That's what we have, and I love it. At least I do now - we don't even have water yet!

I'm excited you're considering the blue surf sheen finish. I'm dying to hear about it first hand. Wish you lived closer!

Can you post your pool design drawings? I'd love to see what we're pulling for! I can't wait to see your next pictures! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Suz. Will post the design tomorrow.
    Yes, that's travertine ("3rd" level upgrade-whatever that means).
    This week has been quite hot. So, it's going to be an interesting week when they do the shotcrete.
    We really like blue, as you can tell.

8. Back To Top    #8

Plan...

Feature (will be similar to this, but with a sheer descent - no planters)
    The 1x1 glass tile goes here

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

OOOOOOOOOO, Ahhhhhhhhhh.... I love your plans. The raised beam wall is going to be beautiful! And the glass tile will make the whole thing fabulous! I understand you will have a sheer descent in the middle, but will you keep two of the bubblers for 1 on either side of the water descent? Or will it be just the sheer descent? Will the bench (under the bubblers) remain?

That raised beam and columns with the water feature really makes it an oasis with the backdrop of the desert! So refreshing! I love how on the plans it is directly across from the patio. Do you have windows there to enjoy the view from inside the house?

I can't wait to see all your Travertine decking. This build will be exciting to watch! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

having built something similar, I will caution you that the water sheer is very loud. It is hard to talk to people with 6 feet of it.

- - - Updated - - -

also, is this California pool? They specifically told me they didn't install the telescoping bubblers. I am beginning to think they just said that because they realized too late they forgot to plan for it.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks, Suz. We will just have the sheer descent in the middle. The 'bench' will not be there, since we don't have much space to work that in. The wall has to be at least 5' from the property line.. further we are putting in an automatic cover. So, the love seat at the deep end is now gone. We are putting in two 'triangular' shaped benches on the deep end both corners.
    The living room will have a direct view of the beam wall. We have large patio doors (14' wide) from the living room that look directly at the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeChris View Post
    having built something similar, I will caution you that the water sheer is very loud. It is hard to talk to people with 6 feet of it.

- - - Updated - - -

also, is this California pool? They specifically told me they didn't install the telescoping bubblers. I am beginning to think they just said that because they realized too late they forgot to plan for it.
    Yes, Chris, this is a California pool build. They do install the bubblers. They also presented us with ones that have multi color lights in them. We didn't have the space for these near the wall, since it will eat into the width of the pool. But we do have a parascoping fountain on the baha.

We have see the sheers in our friend's place and they are loud... but they look great!

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

I like the idea of triangular benches at the corners - great idea. And I'm so glad you'll have perfect viewing from the living room. Ya'll will love that! Suz.

13. Back To Top    #13

Love the colors! That is going to be sweet looking when it is done!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Here is your Smurf for your pool! He is a fun loving fellow!

Attachment 38498

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Here is your Smurf for your pool! He is a fun loving fellow!

Attachment 38498

Kim
    LOL. If anyone else installs the PebbleTec 'smurf' color before me, I will make sure I pass this on!

16. Back To Top    #16

Pressure testing plumbing today.

Looks like the Heat & Cool pump has an internal leak. Will probably get it replaced. All other plumbing is OK, so far.

One can never have too many pipes! There are 3 'layers' of pipes here!

17. Back To Top    #17

Whoa, you have a serious case of the pipes. I really like your water feature and tile/coping/finish selections. Looking forward to seeing this one getting done.
    Pool build spring/summer 2015. IG. 750 sq ft pool. 40 sq.ft spa. 18ft x 42ft rectangle, 31,000 gallons, SWG, DE Pentair model, 2 boosters variable speed model, heater master temp Pentair, Quartz finish Aegean Green, CoverStar Automated Pool Cover, Kreepy Krawley Platinum, TF100,SpeedStir My Build in Progress

18. Back To Top    #18

My goodness that's some plumbing! Makes mine look like a kiddy pool.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

19. Back To Top    #19

That is a LOT of pipe!

Good thing they caught the leak inside your equipment!

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

PB may not know much about water chemistry, but that's an impressive looking build!
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]