Green Pool in OKC - Getting ready for Weekend Attack

Ok, everything is set to go for the attack tomorrow morning...

Pool is still brown, but is taking on a olive color and i think some of the dirt has settled but I can only see about 2 feet down.

PH = 7.2
TC =0
CC = 0
CH = 250
TA = 130
CYA = 30
New filter = 1
New Valve = 1
New Sand grains = 298,947,879,201
Beer = 2, cracked open when this is cleared up.

So all the equipment is laid out ready to go, filter hooked up everything working. Sand has been loaded, backwashed rinsed and the filter is set to go when I turn it on for good in the morning. Here is my plan for your review if you would please...

1. Tomorrow morning I turn on the pump and add 4.25 Gallons of 6% bleach I have per pool math.
  2. Immediately after I begin brushing the sides of the pool
  3. After 30 min i take another chlorine reading and refresh the pool after doing pool math
  4. Immediately after I brush the pool
  5. 1 hour later I check the chlorine level..
  6. Reload chlorine.
  7. Then what? How often do I need to check the chlorine?

Thanks guys for all the help!!

Sounds like a good plan. The minimum you want to test is 2 times a day. If you can test every 2-3 hours in the beginning for the first couple of days or so, it will really help to make sure your FC does not drop below SLAM level.

you did not post FC

Since you are going to be home for this I would test every hour to start with. Once you start seeing the FC drop slow down they back it up to every 2 or 3 hours. If you want to go longer between test then just overshoot your FC level some and go enjoy yourself!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It was broken flush to the filter, but its threaded so I was able to drill two little holes into the face of the break and put in two little screws so that they stuck out far enough for me to put a long piece of wood between them, twisting I was able to loosen it and get it off.

Now back to the store, the pipe I bought to replace the damaged pipe does not work. :p That is a sadistic smiley BTW...

anyone ever seen something like a chlorine "slick" like an oil "slick". At first I had my diverter valves a little off, i brushed the sides and noticed the slick in the middle of the pool, hard to see but it is there, channeled more water to the big pool vs the hot-tub. maybe it will go away. Filter does not seem to be filtering the dirt, Hottub was clear, now brown.

I added chlorine in my pool originally to get it to a shock value of 12

Seems like the FC, CC and TC test is very slow, never done it before with chlorine in the water... When I add the powder it turns pink, then i add the drops and it goes clear on the first one, then 10 seconds later, back to light pink. I add a drop and it goes clear. 20 seconds later, back to pink. My inital numbers were

FC = 3
CC = 2
TC = 5

But the OTO tester is yellow, admittedly the color of the 5 on that one. but do i really need to sit and wait for it to turn back to pink to add another drop?

if I added 12, is 5 after 90 min realistic, and what is this slick I am seeing.

Thanks for the help...

As soon as your FC test turns clear you stop and call it done. It sounds like your pool is sucking down that chlorine. Can you test it 5 mins. after you put the next chlorine in for me?

Test FC and CC.

I am glad you got the filter fixed! Good job!

Kim

Ok, Here is what i did... 3 seperate tests

Test 1: Used the R0870 powder with pool water, turns pink, one drop of R0871 and it goes clear....then light pink in 10 to 15 seconds. BTW after a while earlier i left it out and it was dark pink.

Test 2: I tested the actual kit, i poured a teaspoon of bleach in 16oz of water. R0870 turns magenta, then when swriled, turns clear without adding any R0871. So I think I have a bad tester. But I bought the bonus tester for green monsters... I use my other container of R0870 and it turns magenta and stays when swirled. Then I add the R0871 3-4 drops and it stays pink so i feel better about this powder.

Test 3: I use the second container of R0870 and these are the results...

FC 1.5
CC 4.5
TC 6.0

I have already used 50% of my stock of chlorine which was the recommended 4 times the initial shock value... Am i doing something wrong, should the tester slowly go back to pink and i should ignore that?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.