New Pool Build - League City, TX - Help and opinions welcome

I can't remember who it was but someone posted a bamboo website in Brazoria. I think it was called Carter Bamboo. Of course I could be wrong about that!!

Of course there's always my favorite recommendation - citrus trees!

<------has 2 Aggie sons. Sorry Suz. I'm an Aggie at heart (officially I'm an Illini) or at least honorary Aggie considering all the money we've given them!! Lol!

I come from a total Longhorn family. When I was in the Air Force we had to live 7 years in Oklahoma City amongst the hated Sooners. That was hard time!

Now I have to live in Houston with all the Aggies! I can't catch a break! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Flounder you need to pick one plant just for you in honor of Suz and all of her work helping you! It's name will be SUZ!

Kim
We are definitely getting some hibiscus so I will name one "Lil Suz." :)

I can't remember who it was but someone posted a bamboo website in Brazoria. I think it was called Carter Bamboo. Of course I could be wrong about that!!

Of course there's always my favorite recommendation - citrus trees!

<------has 2 Aggie sons. Sorry Suz. I'm an Aggie at heart (officially I'm an Illini) or at least honorary Aggie considering all the money we've given them!! Lol!

Here you go!

Under Construction - Tomball, TX - Page 9

Well that's not cool.

d405b1f3d0af9905d3e5c37c6712a585.jpg

Looks like a water moccasin (cottonmouth) based on how he is swimming. Ideas?

https://vimeo.com/136885138

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's our pool, Suz! Lol. I put on the rubber boots and grabbed my shovel but my 7 year old threw himself at my feet screaming and crying for not to go out there. He was afraid I'd get bit. Guess I'll see if the PB will do something. I'm not sure the snake will be able to climb the 2 steps to get out. Anyone know?

I open your thread and then hit my cell screen with my index finger zipping up the page to the bottom - my eyes are closed til I'm sure I've skipped the pictures. I'll have nightmares if I see that picture again.

And yes, I just looked it up. The word on Google is that they can go up steps quite easily. One article said they can even go up vertical walls if the walls are rough. An a/c man told me he's found snakes up in attics....

Suz. Eyes wide open for the night.

Lol. Sorry Suz!

We found this snake right before sunset last night and my youngest just wouldn't let me go out and kill it. He was so scared. Well I'm at the airport this morning to go fly a 3 day trip now. I hope that snake leaves on his own because I'm probably the only one who will be able to go kill it. [emoji16]

I'm also now wondering if this was just from the huge rain storms we've had in Houston the last two days or if this might become a regular event when our pool is finished.

IF he is still in there this morning....................NO shotgun! That is what I use for mine but they are NOT in the pool!

Amazon.com : Frabill Deluxe Vinyl Crawfish Trap with 2-Piece Torpedo, 16.5 x 9-Inch : Fishing Bait Traps : Sports Outdoors

This works good for catching them. You just bait it with minnows or small bream. He can get in but he cannot or has a hard time getting out.

IF all else fails get a extra deep pocket net.............net him out and have someone with a shotgun waiting to shoot him.

Kim

IF he is still in there this morning....................NO shotgun! That is what I use for mine but they are NOT in the pool!

Amazon.com : Frabill Deluxe Vinyl Crawfish Trap with 2-Piece Torpedo, 16.5 x 9-Inch : Fishing Bait Traps : Sports Outdoors

This works good for catching them. You just bait it with minnows or small bream. He can get in but he cannot or has a hard time getting out.

IF all else fails get a extra deep pocket net.............net him out and have someone with a shotgun waiting to shoot him.

Kim

Or just blow the place up and move. Lol

I'm also now wondering if this was just from the huge rain storms we've had in Houston the last two days or if this might become a regular event when our pool is finished.

Do you have a bayou or creek nearby? If not, hopefully that creature just lost his way.

I think the froglogs are supposed to work on those fiends, too. Or would it just come back for regular swims? I think I'd feel better knowing one's dead than wondering if one of those is lurking around. Frogs aren't a safety issue.
Good luck!
Suz.

I no longer love your pool.

Well, lets get that beast out and Ill consider it. I would get a net and scoop it out and have someone waiting with a shovel to chop its creepy little head off. We had a very small snake get in when we were at the same stage - it was all this rain and mud near the pool. Now that we have the chemicals in we don't have creatures. I have seen a couple of frogs - I am sure they could get out with my tanning ledge and rocks - but I don't want them to drown so I scoop them out and help them. But before chemicals, we had at least 20 frogs a night in there - it was disgusting.

Yes, we do have a bayou/drainage ditch right before the back fence. Snakes haven't been a problem before. He did have a meal in the pool (probably frog) because you could see it bulging. He climbed out and disappeared overnight according to my wife. I'm out of town until Sunday.

Good to hear you haven't had snake problems since you put chemicals in, Wendy. Hopefully that is the case for us!

Now back to building! Appliances for outdoor kitchen delivered today and structure should start being built Monday if the rain lets up. [emoji299]️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.