New Pool Build - League City, TX - Help and opinions welcome

Definitely more blue today!

e7a59ea12cffbe334acde99476741b9c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So yesterday I texted the PB and asked when we can swim. He said if the pH is 7.0-7.4 then we could swim tomorrow (Sunday). I just tested it 7.0 pH. Well I'm leaving on 3 day trip tomorrow morning before sunrise. Do you think it'd be okay to let the kids go a day early?

So yesterday I texted the PB and asked when we can swim. He said if the pH is 7.0-7.4 then we could swim tomorrow (Sunday). I just tested it 7.0 pH. Well I'm leaving on 3 day trip tomorrow morning before sunrise. Do you think it'd be okay to let the kids go a day early?

He added a bunch of acid yesterday and it drove the pH down to 7.0. I'm not adding anything until I have been totally cleared by him.

I have TF-100 with Speed Stir so that I can become a mad scientist. But it's my first pool so there is a learning curve. Has anyone ever compiled all of the Pool School info into a Word document or something that is easily printed out? I am going to be flying all day tomorrow and it would be a good thing to bring along and read.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This is a good one to print out and read. I would also print out the levels link I sent you.

Will you have access to a computer? If so here is something "fun" to play with. You can pretend that your have a FC of ?? and want it to be ??. What would you do?

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Make sure you set the field on the bottom to using TFP.

Here is another neat link. It talks about the CYA/FC link.

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

These should keep you busy. It is a lot to go through. It will make sense as you do your tests and do what needs to be done.

Make notes and write questions you might have.

I have found that just reading posts in other areas have taught me SO much on how to care for my pool.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Flounder, this may be too late, but I have most everything from Pool School on Word Docs. PM me your email if you would like me to send them to you for printing. I made sure to keep the Copyright date at the bottom of each, so hopefully there aren't any issues with that.

I did not print the picture encyclopedia from Pool School.

Suz.

Flounder, this may be too late, but I have most everything from Pool School on Word Docs. PM me your email if you would like me to send them to you for printing. I made sure to keep the Copyright date at the bottom of each, so hopefully there aren't any issues with that.

I did not print the picture encyclopedia from Pool School.

Suz.

Talk about a rock star!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!

Kim

Hi Flounder! I just read through your build. Congratulations on a gorgeous pool and kitchen!!! The colors are stunning! I love it!!! You have a beautiful family. What great times you all are going to have in that yard!

Thanks Nursenini! We are really enjoying it even though we don't have the kitchen/patio finished. The water is a bit cold but I can't heat it until 23 days after plaster according to the PB. Eek! Not sure we can wait that long.

I will post more pictures soon when the patio and everything gets finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.