Need help figuring out what to do with SWG & question on oils

Aug 28, 2014
Watauga
[COLOR=[QUOTE][/QUOTE]"#800080"][/COLOR]
Hello everyone. I have a SWG with an Intex 42x 15 pool that we put up this year the weekend of July 4th. Prior to doing that, my husband cleaned the generator pieces as directed with Vinegar.

In the last 2 weeks, the generator continues to say 'low salt'. We have added 200 lbs of salt, 1 lb. of stabilizer and 2 lbs of shock. We are in Texas, it's HOT. I know the heat can really eat up the salt but we have already had to drain and start over once this summer. :confused:

We test it and the strip shows everything else, i.e. Bromine, Alkalinity, pH and total hardness is within normal limits. However, it continues to show no chlorine.

I am also curious what is used to soak up the body oils and tanning oils to help the filter. I believe I saw a natural remedy on FaceBook but now I can't find it.

I appreciate your help.

Jodi

Few things. Was the generator new with the pool? And salt will not be eaten up, chlorine yes, salt no. Someone will come along soon and tell you that you need to get one of the approved test kits and post results, and they are correct. First thing you need to do is to add stabilizer to get your cya up to about 70 or 80 depending on what the SWG instructions say. If you have 0 cya, which, unless you have added it you do, it does not really matter how much you run your SWG, your pool will not hold chlorine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.