Newbie needs SLAMing advice, and how much sodium hypochlorite in Clorox Bleach?

Test #15:

SLAM: 16 ppm FC
FC: 20.5 ppm
CC: 0.5 ppm

I bumped the FC up to 21 ppm overnight, thinking that all that gunk that I stirred up would eat up the chlorine, but not much was used up! I won't be adding anything else this morning. It seems that I'm adding less and less chlorine. I'm really hoping that we're at the tail end of this SLAM! It is looking slightly better than last night, but still not as good as yesterday morning!

2014.06.25 Morning.jpg

I agree with Butterfly. You're getting to the end of this. Keep the faith and keep SLAMming, it always works.

Thanks, JFB.

Test #16:

FC: Who knows? Higher than 15.5 ppm!
CC: Who knows?

I ran out of R-0871! I got as high as calculating FC at 15.5 but still wasn't close to a colour change and that was all that I had left! So, I'm just going to have to wing it until the shipment gets here.

The water still looks the same as this morning. I fished out a few more leaves this afternoon and brushed everything. All I can do now is wait!

Good morning, everyone!

I wish that I could test the FC level, but I can't!! Let's hope that shipment arrives today!

The water looks much the same as it did yesterday:

20140626Morning.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wonder if some DE would help you out now to finish? It could not hurt...............Kim

I've been on the hunt for DE! At a pet/feed store, I found a product called "Stall Dry Absorbent and Deodorizer" which contains only DE and Calcium Montmorillonite. Here is the link to the product on the manufacturer's website, and here is the Material Safety Data Sheet.

Can anyone tell me if this would be safe to add to the sand filter, as outlined in these instructions?

Thanks in advance!

Darlene keep it up, your making good progress... Wish I could send you my spare reagents. Ive been following your slam since the start. Just actually started my own last night for the first time too. :party:

Thanks, Matt! I wish you could send me your spare reagents as well! But, if you are SLAMing, you better hold onto them because it's amazing how quick you go through them!

I'm heading over to your thread so that I can watch your progress!

Finally, my order of R-0871 has arrived!

Test #17:

FC: 15.5 ppm
CC: 0.5 ppm

I am impressed that I kept the level pretty close to SLAM for the past week, even though I haven't been able to test! I've topped it up now, and I really, really hope that my SLAM will be finished this week!!

The water still looks the same:

20140630Afternoon.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.