Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Romo's Pool Plastering - Dallas, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Romo's Pool Plastering - Dallas, TX

Romo's has come through and resolved the issues.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Romo's Pool Plastering - Dallas, TX

What a terrible drag that is Robbie! Just rotten man, you know I followed that closely and like you, thought you found a good outfit. What a bummer man. DO post back and let us know what you end up getting done about it. Wish I could help.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I called another local pool company suggested while I was out getting bids. The good news is they are only about a mile from my house. The bad news is they don't repair tile. They gave me a couple of numbers for folks to call, but I lost it. Going to call them back today and get those numbers again. The light is no big deal I hope, maybe they didn't tighten that top screw properly. The leak, that's the one that will cost me if I can't find it myself.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for giving a heads up, I got a quote from them for my pool re plaster, their quote was very competitive, both Diamonbrite and Wetedge confirmed that they are trained and authorized installers, I may need to get quote from others, that is very un acceptable customer service.
    13K gal, IG, Gunite pool with raised spa water spill over to pool, built on 2005
    1.5 HP Hayward MaxFlo VS - June 2014
    DE Filter Model # DE6020
    Added Borates on Jun 2014

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

How old is that tile installation?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Holy cow, Robbie! Have you called the pool builder? I have some issue with my plaster due to the hard water here and trying to keep the ph down has been a nightmare. The PB sent Romo out, they came and brought Scott from Wet Edge to look at it. Turns out my plaster is one that they discontinued prior to mine going in - no one told me that! Romo was very responsive in my case. I would think the PB should be working this for you.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh man, that sucks. Another story about a sketchy Texas pool company. It is really frustrating dealing with this industry. Hang in there!
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

Romo's has resolved the issues.

9. Back To Top    #9

That is just unacceptable. I hope they come through for you.
    -Jimbo- My pool was full of dirt and trees. Now it's full of water and children!
    20k gallon inground pool, 18" raised spa 7' round, 8 jets, 3" spa plumbing. Pentair intelliflo 3hp vsp, Easy touch 4 w/ ic 40, CCP 420 cartridge filter, Raypak 407a w/ cupro nickel, Screen logic 2, Pentair intelliph, spa side remote, Pentair 5g color lights pool and spa, TF-100 test kit with speed stir and Dolphin Oasis Z5

10. Back To Top    #10

Romo's has resolved the issues.

11. Back To Top    #11

Hope it all works out for the best in the long run. Your pool is beautiful and inspirational.
    -Jimbo- My pool was full of dirt and trees. Now it's full of water and children!
    20k gallon inground pool, 18" raised spa 7' round, 8 jets, 3" spa plumbing. Pentair intelliflo 3hp vsp, Easy touch 4 w/ ic 40, CCP 420 cartridge filter, Raypak 407a w/ cupro nickel, Screen logic 2, Pentair intelliph, spa side remote, Pentair 5g color lights pool and spa, TF-100 test kit with speed stir and Dolphin Oasis Z5