Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
1st time posting so please be nice.
FC 12
CYA 40
TA 110
PH 8.4
Pool wasn’t covered and was a mess black/green and full of pollen. Shocked with bioguard granular 2-3 times, flocked twice, and it was a cloudy blue. Pool is squeaky clean. Now that I’ve found TFP I’ve been slamming for 2 weeks now. Pool is a lot clearer. I can see to the bottom of 3.5 ft and the sides all the way to bottom of deep end 8.5ft. I can not see the bottom in the middle of deep end. The pool just won’t get clear. In total is been 5 weeks. I’m not sure what else to do! Please help.

Fill out your signature. Floc can kill your filter efficiency - wouldn't be a surprised if it's not working well.

What are you testing the pool with?

Your pool needs a proper SLAM with a functioning filter. Without knowing how you're testing, being able to see your results throughout the day from testing, it's hard to help much. But let's find out what you've got, pictures would help, and we can get it cleared up.

Filter is fine with new sand. I vacuumed to waste. I also keep a fine skimmer net over the skimmer to catch all the pollen in the water. It was a game changer. I can’t afford the Taylor kit right now so I’ve been using HTH 6 way and pool store and the numbers are always same or close enough. I’ll send pictures when I get back home. If you can’t help b/c of not having the Taylor kit, I understand :-(

Deep end 8ft
image.jpg

Shallow end 3.5ft
image.jpg

Last edited:
How often are you testing the water for FC drop, and re-dosing with Liquid Chlorine to bring it back up to SLAM process level?

Maddie :flower:
I haven’t had any FC drop in about 5 days. It’s always 12.5. I think 12 is my slam level right? Right now I’m testing 2-3 times a day and things are staying steady. I was thinking about lowering PH but thought I’d try this forum for advice first. 😊

I haven’t had any FC drop in about 5 days. It’s always 12.5. I think 12 is my slam level right? Right now I’m testing 2-3 times a day and things are staying steady. I was thinking about lowering PH but thought I’d try this forum for advice first. 😊
The trouble with the pool store test for CYA is that they get that wrong way often so we can’t be sure what your SLAM level is. And the 6 way kit can’t test chlorine above ~5ppm.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you brushing daily?? Is there still any schmutz in the deep end that needs to be scooped out?
Absolutely nothing in the deep in. Pool is squeaky clean. After I got it cleaned I run my dolphin every day for an hour and basket is empty except a day or so ago when we had a storm. Since things have been steady I haven’t brushed much. Probably once in last 3 days.

Your test only goes to 5 ppm TC. The 10 you see is for Bromine.

You are wasting a lot of money on chlorine. You need a proper test kit.

Reactions: Mdragger88

I’ve used 12 gallons 10% in 2 weeks.

And what is the result?
It’s been getting better but it’s been sooooo slow! We’ve had the pool 36 years and never had a problem. We’ve been so lucky, but it wasn’t covered at all for the very first time and the pollen was soooo bad I drained 2-3 ft and got everything balanced but water was still cloudy blue so I started the slam process but I guess like most of us that are new to this I would get it all wrong.

Good luck.
That. Proper testing and following the SLAM Process provides the quickest path to clean, sanitary pool water.

Good luck.
35 years and no Slam so I thought I’d at least give it a try and its definitely gotten better but I guess with no Taylor test kit people like me shouldn’t come here for help?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.