Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loop Loc Fence Bird Poop!

1. Back To Top    #1

Loop Loc Fence Bird Poop!

I am getting bird poop all over my loop loc fence. Birds enjoy sitting on the fence and pooping, lol. Is there any way I can deter them from doing this??
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loop Loc Fence Bird Poop!

Quote Originally Posted by precator
    I am getting bird poop all over my loop loc fence. Birds enjoy sitting on the fence and pooping, lol. Is there any way I can deter them from doing this??
    Short of a shotgun (kidding) perhaps use some two-sided tape or electrical ties and carpet tack strips. You should be able to get them from Home Depot or Lowes, or from a flooring dealer. After they've gotten out of the habit of roosting on your fence, you can perhaps remove them. I'd also think it would depend on the frequency of children being nearby.

There are sonic devices, plastic owls or hawks, and electric devices that may be useful easily found online.
    ~31k gallon 18x36 IG, Vinyl LoopLoc Sahara, Hayward C-750 75sq' Cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS3050, SGS Breeze760 SWG, Homemade Aerators, SmartPool Nitro 52 Wall Climber, TFT100 XL, Borates, and a partridge in a pear tree :)

3. Back To Top    #3

Try stringing some thin fishing line along the top of the fence. You might have to rig up some type of post extender to tie the line to.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW
    Try stringing some thin fishing line along the top of the fence. You might have to rig up some type of post extender to tie the line to.
    This method has been used with good results by TFP members for some time. The ultrasonic devices, in my experience, don't really do anything. We would put them in aircraft hangers but they didn't make a difference.