Refridge & Kegerator

Re: Refridge & Kegerator

If you are going to do it you may have to get a mini fridge and convert it to a kegerator. Not hard to do you just have to be careful and find out where the cooling lines are so you don't drill through them. Here is a site that has under the counter versions. http://www.kegerators.com/under-counter.php. You can get tap towers on eBay for good prices. If you do build you own I would recommend getting perlick faucets. They flow a lot better plus you don't have to worry about them sticking. If you go awhile w/out cleaning the standard faucets they can get stuck and be a pain to get clean. You can get a spray bottle put some vodka in it and just spray it up in the tap to keep it clean.

If you got any questions send me a pm. Beer brewing is a hobby of mine and I have a chest freezer that is a 4 tap system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just FYI i don't know what your setup is like but it is possible to run beer lines through refrigerated pipes if you wanted to locate the frig someplace other than outside kitchen. For instance you could put fridge in basement or inside your house somewhere and potentially run the lines outside. Basically you cut a larger set of holes hole in your fridge, and run a pipe say 2" PVC out to tap location and then back to fridge. The you rig up a fan to circulate air through the pipe.... might look around this site http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-en/forum.php

Re: Refridge & Kegerator

I would advise against this as you will have more lines to clean and there is a even greater chance you would need a pump to push the cleaning chemicals through the lines. If you are not a big fan of sanitizing I would not go that route

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I used to just fill my Corny's with the cleaning solution and then pressurize to flush the lines, but it's easy to fill Corny's.....

I'd like to have a beer tap by the pool....but not full blown kitchen......actually the wife would prefer a wine tap, and now that you can get wine by the keg i might have to investigate this more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a Marvel kegerator that I got for a song on Craigslist. It has been in my ODK for a couple of years. I homebrew and have a triple tap set up. Everything has worked pretty well. It struggles a bit in the really hot summer months and the beer can get a touch foamy at times and in the winter I have put a shop light inside it to make sure it didn't freeze up when temps really got cold. That being said, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Love having beer at the ODK.

Riles

Nice to see some fellow homebrewers.

I have to go along with everybody who suggested building a kegerator.You can use a fridge or freezer a with temp controller.You can make it as big or as small as you like,provided you can fit a keg and tap in it.You can make it with 1 tap or 10.very easy to do,an hour or 2 and your done.You can spruce it up with a couple nice SS Perlick faucets,personalized tap handles and some SS trim/drip tray.Not to mention the bliss of never running out of beer. :lol:

I believe I have about $500 in mine.3 SS perlick faucets,20# CO2 tank dual regulators,Aluminum diamond plate back splash and drip tray,used fridge off craigslist.

Dave don't ask a homebrewer if you can stop by for a beer.They'll be disappointed if you don't just drop by for a BS session and a coldy :cheers: .Instead of asking for their street addresses, you should have asked them what they named their breweries/bars.

You can find the nostalgia kegerator between $300-400, needs some tweeks but a good starting point. I have 34F Liveoak heff in mine right now. The danby costs more but a better set up. Keg vs bottled beer saves $50-$100 each keg, pays for itself in the first year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.