Building Outdoor Kitchen....anchor base cabinet frame to slab?

Vital Signs

Jul 27, 2020
Portland OR
We've been building a pool pavilion over the last year (Wall in back, bathroom/storage room on one side, outdoor kitchen on other side and open in front) and are finally at the tail end which is building the outdoor kitchen. We'll just have one straight 11' section of base cabinet for a sink, bbq and under counter fridge. We're using one of the steel tube modular kits for the frame and intend to use the leveling feet they sell to keep the frame off the ground. I know most people do trex under the frame but we have a pretty decent slope on our slab so I figured I'd just go with leveling feet. I'm planning on putting a 1/8" flat polymer structural shim under the feet just so the steel isn't resting directly on the concrete slab. It'll be sided in cement board with a decorative concrete overlay and then granite counter top. So it should be fairly heavy. What I was wondering is whether other people that have done these steel framed kitchens have been anchoring them to their slabs with either concrete screws or wedge anchors. The leveling feet have holes in them for anchoring but I just didn't know if it was necessary so figured I'd check what others have done.

I didn't do modular kit framing but I did do steel framing around the Blackstone that I worked into my outdoor kitchen. I did what you mentioned and put some spare Timbertech scraps down under everything; anchored using concrete screws (I think they were Tapcon). I then anchored all my steel (and wood) framing to the Timbertech. That's what I did for what it's worth! Oh...and I'm definitely NOT a contractor. ;-)

Attachments

• PXL_20220304_165941685.jpg
    PXL_20220304_165941685.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20220221_212503924.jpg
    PXL_20220221_212503924.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 43
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.