Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Level

1. Back To Top    #1

Level

New pool owner and I'm putting up an intex 16x48. Question is, I'm about 2 squares unlevel on one end of the the pool, is that okay? I'm hoping it is because the pool is almost full, now. We spent all weekend getting it level and it's still off.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Level

I'm about 2 squares unlevel on one end
    I don't know how much a "square" is
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I am guessing it's a pattern on the liner?
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, it's the pattern on the liner. I'm about 1 1/2 to 2 inches off.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

One small section of mine is about thatmuch lower than the rest. (The one place I didn't get to put anything under the 2 posts.) If you just filled your pool in the last few days, expect it to settle a bit more before it's done. (Mine started off only about 1", then went to 1 1/2" over time.) Somewhere there are photos on here of a way to jack up the post and slide a paver or something under it. My husband wasn't willing to take the risk of breaking the posts, so mine will be slightly off until fall, when we store it for winter.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Boy this is a common Intex question.

2" is towards the max limit of unlevel, your putting things at risk at this level or beyond. No one can tell you for sure if it will continue to become more unlevel or whether or not it will collapse. Its your call.
    Personally, I would do what it takes to correct it so as not to endanger my family.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

7. Back To Top    #7

2 squares is more unlevel than I'd be comfortable with. Especially if it's a whole "side". One square is pushing it IMO...
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.