18x34 Doughboy Autumn Breeze - Finished!

Re: 18x34 Doughboy AGP Autumn Breeze build - Pics

Better check codes if you're in city limits and require any permits/inspections. Couple hours east of you and my AGP had to be bonded to EVERY leg. That was an extra 450 bucks I wasn't expecting and found out half way thru. VERY recent city code.

I picked up a big box of baking soda, borax, and muriatic acid today. I must say that the acid concerns me with all its warnings. My kids love to swim under water with their eyes open and that stuff says even a small amount can cause blindness and this is the "green" acid. Is this really the right stuff?

pool16.jpg

Make sure that "safer" stuff does not have additives. The "less safe" stuff or what I consider the normal stuff is 34.45% and usually a better deal. The only tricky part is the fumes, you will know if you breath it, but it is only an acute effect. Also, it is recommended to wear eye protection while handling MA. Always add MA to the water and not water to the MA for splashing reasons.

Once added to the pool, it quickly disperses and the only effect it has is lower ph and potentially adding a slight amount of salt to the pool. Just wait 30 minutes after adding with the pump on before swimming since Muriatic Acid disperses quickly when the water is moving. The safety concern is the final ph of the water not the initial ph of the Muriatic acid since it will be dispersed

I read the label, MSDS Data Sheet and the regulatory data sheet and it doesn't say it contains anything more or less than hydrochloric acid. It doesn't even have like an "ingredients" list on the label. It doesn't even say the percentage. Am I missing something?

I searched "muriatic acid" (should have done this first) and found some very helpful threads and advice. I feel much better about using it now. I also feel more prepared to deal with the acid should the need to use it arise.

Went through some old pics today and found 2 of my old 18' round. At first thought it was a Douhghboy but now I am not so sure. I cannot find the design on their site. Anyone know what this is? It was bought from Crown Pools back in 2000-2001. As you can tell I had a major leaf problem and about half shade all the time. Nice pool but looking back, I should have had the trees cut down. They were interfering with the foundation of the house too.

pool17.png

pool18.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I actually got the Taylor K2006. I got it at a discount from the place where I got all the other stuff or I would have ended up with the TF-100. When the kit needs to be refilled I plan to replace it with the TF-100.

Here is a drawing I did of what I want them to do when they install the pool. I want the whole pool to be used and I get the feeling a traditional deep end would be avoided like the plague. So, I opted for a section that is deep enough so that everyone except myself would be up to their eyeballs. Thoughts?

pool19b.png

or maybe this?

pool19c.png

I commented on your other thread, but I might add that non-swimmers become swimmers quite fast when they have easy access to water. My pool is much more interesting to my kids and there friends because to the deep end (as compare to pools without).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.