18x34 Doughboy Autumn Breeze - Finished!

Re: 18x34 Doughboy AGP Autumn Breeze build - Pics

I have those steps and they are algae generators. We currently have ours out of the pool and are trying to figure out how many holes we can actually drill into them without ruining them altogether. Every other day last year I got the hose in there and blasted water through the holes in each step and even went so far as to put a chlorine puck in the bag that holds the bricks that sit inside the steps (which was a bad idea I found out later, really don't recommend trying that) and still ended up with algae in them. Also the handrail is kind of out in the pool and you have to reach way out for it (I am short though lol). I do like the treads on each step, they are very grippy.

Hey Glock, how will they use the straps to keep the pool from blowing out from pressure since this is an oval pool? Are you going with the middle deep end? Do the installers have a game plan to get around this? I'm just wondering how this will be accomplished and still be safe given the fact that it is an oval pool.

I can't wait to see pics!

Doughboy doesn't use straps. They have plates that are 30" wide (from the outter wall in towards the center of the pool) and 4 feet long that attach to legs under the side supports. Then they all attach to each other. This eliminates the straps. Each side support has a concreted in place Cinder block to offset any movement. This has to be done precise according to DB. I downloaded the install video off their website for the oval. It is very informative. I intend on asking the installer if he follows their install to the letter. If not, I will find another installer.

2pm and no installers. No calls. I called the PB and was told they would check with the installer and call me back twice and no calls. Looks like I am picking a new installer. This companies customers service sucks.

Oh! That's cool! I had no idea! Sorry to hear about the installer's non compliance! I know you guys are so ready for this! I'm beyond ready for mine but hubby is sick and I don't know if I'll get my dig done this year for next year's install (I live on a hill that needs retained). He just went into long term sick leave with a c3-c4 bulging disc on the spinal cord. He is looking at surgery in the next few weeks. He is scared to death, numb in both arms and a leg and he & his health trumps everything right now!

Hopefully you'll get your pool soon! :cool:

I'm not in a hurry. My family is but I would rather have a quality install than a rushed one.

This past week this company has told me they would "find out and call you back" no less than like 9 times and they have failed on all of those accounts. I got 3 more of those today. I know I picked a bad time to do a pool but be honest with me. Don't sugar coat it. I am just asking for a date and to actually show up. I need the date more than I need the pool. I work from home and on the phones all day. My dogs are going to go bonkers while they are installing. I need the day off from work. Atleast the first one. I have to ask in advance.

We finally got a callback after I sicked my wife on them. The guy will be here at 6pm tonight to look at the site and he is going to start digging tomorrow. I will believe it when I see it. getting the digging done on a weekend would be good as I would not miss work but I bet it doesn't happen.

Hopefully I will have better news tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

By the way, sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery. They have come so far with that kind of surgery. I understand being scared though. Hope everything goes well. Will say a prayer for you and him.

Casey said:
Oh! That's cool! I had no idea! Sorry to hear about the installer's non compliance! I know you guys are so ready for this! I'm beyond ready for mine but hubby is sick and I don't know if I'll get my dig done this year for next year's install (I live on a hill that needs retained). He just went into long term sick leave with a c3-c4 bulging disc on the spinal cord. He is looking at surgery in the next few weeks. He is scared to death, numb in both arms and a leg and he & his health trumps everything right now!

Hopefully you'll get your pool soon! :cool:
Sory to hear.But, I had c6&c7 inner&outer replaced back in May .Got 2 more week's till I go back to work..Mine were not bulging.they were shatter'd on the end at the spinal cord.Ugg.the pain.But I deal'd with it for 3 yrs. till it was time to do something..Thank the lord all my problem's are gone..3 yrs. ago I was told I would have to stay in the hospital.But, now they did mine out-patient&was back home that night.Good Luck.

That's good to hear kplaster! He has been dealing with his for 7 long years! He's the kinda guy to NOT want to see a dr! His original injury came from squatting 450 lbs in the gym with a bar behind his neck. He worked through that on his own with numbness in one arm but this time, I don't think he will get through it without medical intervention. He is very stubborn. UGH! He's the guy with pain all over his face n you ask him what's wrong n he smiles and says nothing, I'm fine. :hammer:

Ok, PB just left we have orange paint on the yard. It looks alot smaller than I had envisioned. My wife said wow that doesn't look as big as I thought it was. Grr! I tried to get them to let me get the 21x41 :evil:

Anyhow, heres pics of the orange. lol They start the dig tomorrow. Said they want it dug out and ready to build by Monday. Bring it on. I have a party waiting lol. :cool:

pool20.jpg

pool21.jpg

pool22.jpg

pool23.jpg

We left it to one side of the yard to save room for a deck. More pics to come tomorrow.

18x34 Doughboy AGP Autumn Breeze build - Pics

We said the exact same thing when we staked out our 18x33
When we were pool shopping my wife didn't think the 18x33 would fit so we went home and staked it out, when we finished we said the same thing, it ain't that big.
When the pool builder actually put up the pool we both looked at each other and said that's huge :)
Wait till its up :) you will say the same thing. 18x33 is a big pool. One thing I would suggest is building your own pool reel or purchasing one. That solar cover will be a bear.
I did not realize they made a 21x44 that thing has to look massive. Imagine pulling the solar cover off that thing :)

Are they digging yet?! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.