18x34 Doughboy Autumn Breeze - Finished!

Re: 18x34 Doughboy AGP Autumn Breeze build - Pics

I tested my water from the tap today. Taylor K-2006 Brand new. Here is what I have:

FC 6
CC 6
Ph 7.8
Alk 100
Calcium Hardness - Not sure, see below
CYA not sure, never turned cloudy

The Calcium Hardness test was pinkish purple after the first reagent and when I put the 2nd reagant in it never turned blue, just darker purple. I stopped at 30 drops of the 2nd reagant.
The CYA test never turned cloudy. It was crystal clear the whole time. Rant it 3 times to make sure.

Sorry I should have said not to test CYA in the fill water. It won't have any.

Are you sure about the CC? Or should that be TC. Some utilities use monochloromine so it may be CC.

You might need acid so you can buy some of that. Other than that, I'd just get some bleach.

The Kit says FC is the first number and CC is the next which both came out as 6. It doesn't mention TC at all actually. Our water here has a good bit of chlorine smell if you get near the toilets and sinks. Acid, is that the Borax?

The acid is muratic acid to lower ph, you can usually get it in the paint aisle. Some places (Lowes) has a safer/greener acid that is half strength, you normally want the full strength stuff (~32%)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

You should only need CYA once. You may have to add a little near the end of the year but probably not. Once I add a little at the beginning of the year I never have to add the rest of the year.

More stuff came in. :-D Getting close now! Sorry for the crappy pics.

Burndy Waterbug skimmer attachment for bonding water.
pool6.jpg

Another pic of the waterbug.
pool8.jpg

Copper lugs and split bolts too.
pool9.jpg

Got my steps, maintenance kit, 40ft vacuum hose, and a cheap little (free) test kit today. Steps are awfully steep. I have handicapped people in my home who might not be able to get out of the pool with these things.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.