Above ground pool LED light

I have a Pentair Aqualuminator - It came broken with the pool (installed) - so I really cannot say how well it lights.

However, I will say, it does not leak at all. No rust, no problems.

http://www.inyopools.com/lights_aqualuminator.aspx

When I get a free moment, I'll pull out the power supply and check if it is working. IF the power supply is good, I may just go and order a $50 replacement bulb.

It is not a color changing light, but it does come with different color lenses.

-dave

I bought 2 of the $9 Walmart lights last night and put the first one in the pool and it began to fill with water immediately. After a frustrating 10 - 15 minutes trying to get the cover tight enough to stop the leaking... I found the problem was that I was "over" tightening the covers - trying to tighten them as "tight as I could" - I noticed that the cover would "jump" out of the track and would not seal.

After I tightened them just "snug" enough to seal... the lights stopped filling with water. I even left them in our pool overnight and took them out this morning to check... and NO water in them and the light they put out in our 18 x 48 pool is great!!

Just thought I would share this "tightening" tip for anyone else having trouble with these lights.

I'll try and post pics tonight of the lights in use...

Hi All,
I got my 21' up last month, so last week I installed my 50w Niteliter over hang halogen 12v, put in on and in 2 days it had enough water in it to trip off, took it all apart and silicone'd it to death, let it dry for two days and reinstalled it, lasted about a week, water in it again, and tripped off.
So much for a new one off Craigslist paid $80 for it new in the box...bummer :cry:

So I'm looking at the Hayward Elite one here:
http://www.poolsupply4less.com/st_prod. ... _-Di5HtBkI

It does look like I'll have to drain to put it in, that parts sucks, probably about 3000 gals to get it just 2" below the return.

I really don't mind about cutting a hole in the wall for it... if they are a good light! :-D

So any feedback on this one ? :?:

Chuck

I do a lot of work with LED's, I have been considering building a light ring similar to my halo in the video below inside the return line of my Intex, I ordered a SWG and I think having the tiny bubbles illuminated and changing color would be a cool effect! FYI the video is the headlight of my motorcycle but you get the idea :blah:

Maxxheadroom said:
I do a lot of work with LED's, I have been considering building a light ring similar to my halo in the video below inside the return line of my Intex, I ordered a SWG and I think having the tiny bubbles illuminated and changing color would be a cool effect! FYI the video is the headlight of my motorcycle but you get the idea :blah:

[youtube:3qvrpb93]NEAAQikML6g[/youtube:3qvrpb93]

Fixed!

I bet that blue/red is popular on the freeway. lol. Hey, I would buy a light for my pool that would do that. Idea, just make the halo on a reflective background and make it fit the Nitelighter Series of lights. Sell it as an upgrade. :p It even solves the power supply and waterproofing problem.

Glock said:
I bet that blue/red is popular on the freeway. lol. Hety, I would buy a light for my pool that would do that. Idea, just make the halo on a reflective background and make it fit the Nitelighter Series of lights. Sell it as an upgrade. :p It even solves the power supply and waterproofing problem.

LOL yeah the local PD would love to see me cruising with that, it actually just stays on solid white while driving... The waterproofing part is super easy, so is the power supply as this is all low voltage stuff, it could run off a 9V battery for days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
we installed an Aqualuminator that we found new on ebay for about $70 this summer. It works very well, it installs in the return opening, you do not have to drain to install, my husband and I did it. Its pretty bright, I think we could use 2 of them, our pool is 30' round.

MEEKS said:
we installed an Aqualuminator that we found new on ebay for about $70 this summer. It works very well, it installs in the return opening, you do not have to drain to install, my husband and I did it. Its pretty bright, I think we could use 2 of them, our pool is 30' round.

I have the same thing in my 27' round, and 2 would be better, but it still lights up the pool pretty well.

They make a fountain attachment for them, if that sort of thing interests you. It snaps onto the return and shoots out of the water to the center of the pool. I have never seen one in action so I cannot comment on it.

Make sure you take the bulb out of the housing when you winterize your pool. Freezing will ruin the bulb, and they are about $60 to replace.

-dave

Iron Clad Lou said:
it bubbled...I'll scrape it off to see whats under there, but it looks like rust....there was a gel like substance leaking from it as well.

Ah, OK. I thought it was a plastic housing.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.