Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: Above ground pool LED light

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Above ground pool LED light

    I need some help please. I'm searching for a reputable LED pool light. I initially wanted the one from Aurora, but it seems they are no longer available. Please advise on you suggestions. thanks
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  2. Back To Top    #2

    In the Industry


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    728

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Her Lou, what type of light are you looking for? There are several options for above ground pools.

    SmartPool NiteLighter hangs over the edge of the pool (and requires no draining or drilling). Waveglow makes a floating LED light, as well as a Thru-Wall model that attaches to your return fitting (but has a hole in the middle to allow water flow). Let me know if you have any questions about these lights!

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    thanks.
    I was looking for a color-changing LED light I can put in the return. It seems that every one that I found was discontinued. I did find and order this one, so we'll see what happens! http://www.1800poolparts.com/CAL~Light~ ... oduct.html
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  4. Back To Top    #4

    In the Industry


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    728

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Gotcha! Let us know how it works out for you!

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Above ground pool LED light

    We have the original from our 1st pool and it's held up well, the new led version is cool!
    Wonder if I can upgrade mine without swapping out the entire unit?
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlandreef
    We have the original from our 1st pool and it's held up well, the new led version is cool!
    Wonder if I can upgrade mine without swapping out the entire unit?
    scroll down....for $326 bucks you can upgrade it.
    http://www.bestbuypoolsupply.com/color- ... nator.html
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Above ground pool LED light

    Only 40 bucks difference from buying new?
    They getcha one way or the other!
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    another discontinued light...thats 3 in a row...doesnt anyone make a colorchanging LED light for above ground pools? sheesh
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  9. Back To Top    #9

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    depending on your pool size, number of jets and amount of light required, I like these
    http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Time-NA4035- ... 554&sr=8-4
    Bright enough for good mood lighting in a 16x24. I'm in the middle of a diy remodel, adding 4 of these one in each corner and keeping the original halogen in case I need things super bright, each light individually switched. Look hard and you can find them between $50 and $75
    When the only tool you have is a hammer everything starts looking like a nail.
    Doughboy 16x24 "Aboveground Inground" in progress...

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Quote Originally Posted by gtojohn
    depending on your pool size, number of jets and amount of light required, I like these
    http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Time-NA4035- ... 554&sr=8-4
    Bright enough for good mood lighting in a 16x24. I'm in the middle of a diy remodel, adding 4 of these one in each corner and keeping the original halogen in case I need things super bright, each light individually switched. Look hard and you can find them between $50 and $75
    thats the one I went with...there is pretty much nothing else out there. I picked it up for 78 shipped.
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Are lights like this not available?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aboveground-Swi ... 2c637ed09f


    I was going to order one of these. Are they no good? They look easy to install, am I missing something?

    Edit: i see people are talking about LED and the one I showed is halogen, sorry. Is LED better? I want the most light possible, but not on every night. Just when we have people over at night and for night swimming.

  12. Back To Top    #12

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Quote Originally Posted by Durf
    Are lights like this not available?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aboveground-Swi ... 2c637ed09f


    I was going to order one of these. Are they no good? They look easy to install, am I missing something?

    Edit: i see people are talking about LED and the one I showed is halogen, sorry. Is LED better? I want the most light possible, but not on every night. Just when we have people over at night and for night swimming.
    I wanted LED and would prefer a more integrated look so I went with this http://www.poolsinc.com/above-ground-jet-light.html
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  13. Back To Top    #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Caney, Texas
    Posts
    414

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    I wanted LED and would prefer a more integrated look so I went with this http://www.poolsinc.com/above-ground-jet-light.html
    May I ask how big your pool is and does it light the pool well?
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

  14. Back To Top    #14

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Quote Originally Posted by George N
    I wanted LED and would prefer a more integrated look so I went with this http://www.poolsinc.com/above-ground-jet-light.html
    May I ask how big your pool is and does it light the pool well?
    Pool is 21'...I wont know how the light works till I install it next month, but I will update with pics at that time.
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  15. Back To Top    #15

    In the Industry


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    728

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clad Lou
    I wanted LED and would prefer a more integrated look so I went with this http://www.poolsinc.com/above-ground-jet-light.html
    This is the same light I mentioned in the first reply (Sku #: 980015). Looks like they just used a different sku

  16. Back To Top    #16

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Light output is good for mood light. Depending how much light you want. Personally I night swim without lights. Its not as powerful as a halogen, but i'm not trying to play volleyball at night. Because its also a return jet it is usually in addition to another light, so it makes a good auxillary light. My pool's apart so no pics, but I felt with just 1 I had decent coverage in my 16x25 pool. The 2 biggest advantages for led, almost no power consumption, and extremely long life.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer everything starts looking like a nail.
    Doughboy 16x24 "Aboveground Inground" in progress...

  17. Back To Top    #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Caney, Texas
    Posts
    414

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Thanks gtojohn.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

  18. Back To Top    #18

    In the Industry

    JoshU's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    541

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    The Aurora from Smartpool: http://smartpool.com/website/aurora10.html
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

  19. Back To Top    #19

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    Quote Originally Posted by gtojohn
    Light output is good for mood light. Depending how much light you want. Personally I night swim without lights. Its not as powerful as a halogen, but i'm not trying to play volleyball at night. Because its also a return jet it is usually in addition to another light, so it makes a good auxillary light. My pool's apart so no pics, but I felt with just 1 I had decent coverage in my 16x25 pool. The 2 biggest advantages for led, almost no power consumption, and extremely long life.
    thats what I'm looking for...
    every site I ordered the Aurora from contacted me and said it is no longer available.
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter
    2HP Pump

  20. Back To Top    #20

    In the Industry

    JoshU's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    541

    Re: Above ground pool LED light

    every site I ordered the Aurora from contacted me and said it is no longer available.
    As far as I know the Aurora is still sold by Smartpool. A good majority of internet dealers buy their product from the same wholesale distributor. It's quite possible that the distributor stopped carrying the product and that's why they couldn't ship.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •