Finally ready to go to work on my green swamp!

12:30PM testing showed FC dropped to 8ppm, so I added a little bleach to get back to shock level. The foam comes and goes - I thought I had pinpointed the source when I noticed the pump losing prime: Cleaned the strainer basket and pump ran much better. Pump was putting water into the pool causing the foam/bubbles? Foam came back an hour later although pump is running great... wonder if it has anything to do with the Polaris?

Any bit of air leaking into the pump could cause the foaming. A small crack in the skimmer, a pinhole in the vacuum hose, a bad seal on the pipe leading into the pump, gasket on the pumps' basket could all be a source. Make sure all the o-rings are lubricated well. Does the foaming slow down at all if you turn off the pump for a few minutes? If not then it's not an air leak. Have you used any algaecide in the pool? Is your CH level close to the correct levels??

With the constant shocking however i would put the mostly likely guess however are just the garbage that are being killed off by the shocking process. Keep shocking as long as the pump isn't giving you any problems. You're making great progress!!

Leebo,

Thank you! I guess everyone else is tied up since its a holiday! How long should it take the pump to self-prime after I backwash? And how do you add water to the pump strainer... I poured a hole bucket in there but it just drained down....

My holiday is spent getting rained on all day with cold weather.......stay at home and relax day is all for me!

My pump usually takes about 30 seconds tops to start to flow water at first. After taking apart the filter I'll add water into the pump just as you described. It will drain down almost right away, but at least there's some water in the area to keep everything flowing.

I figured out why the main pump was having trouble priming... I had the Polaris running on the booster pump the whole time! As soon as I shut the booster pump down the main pump primed right up :)

Hoping now I can get down to the business of clearing this water up in time for a house-warming party on Saturday :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Foam is gone :) It was the air coming into the returns from the main pump that was struggling to prime itself with the booster running! Just tested:

FC 11
CC 1

Current Pics:

Attachments

• greenpool6.jpg
    greenpool6.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 52
  • greensteps6.jpg
    greensteps6.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 51
If only that last 1CC would go away!! I've got the feeling you'll see a change a change here soon. Stay at shock level and filter 24/7. Your guests will be amazed at the improvement in a week. Without all the stupid pool store garbage too!

Have you had more problems yet losing water as you did a few days ago?

Tested water this morning before dawn:

FC 9.5
CC 1

Added a little bleach to take me back up to 11ppm FC (shock level). Can't wait to see if there is any improvement in water clarity when I get home from work!

Tested pool when I got home from work:

FC 7
CC between .5 and 1

Pool lost 4ppm of FC during the day today...

Added bleach to bring back to 11ppm (shock level) Water is even clearer, but still cloudy:

Attachments

• greenpool7.jpg
    greenpool7.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 21
  • greensteps7.jpg
    greensteps7.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.